Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Float Charger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschecb
Winters here any thoughts? Will drive at any temp except when raining (Dont run wipers). Want to keep my battery up. confused24.gif
brp914
I guess intelligent is a relative thing, but my intelligent charger killed by battery. I wont leave it on more than a day or so. Better to drive it atleast once a month and keep the tires pressures up, or put it on stands. I flat spotted a set of tires and got the shimmies from leaving it sitting there.
anthony
I was meaning to buy one but then I found it just as easy to just disconnect the battery when the car is parked. My Optima seems to have fuel juice even after sitting disconnected for 3-4 weeks.

qa1142
I use "battery tender" brand. But I take my battery out and put it in cabinanet in garage for the winter. Worked well - let you know how well in a few more winters huh.gif dry.gif
Dr. Roger
I've used these chargers in sail boats with great success. Sail all summer. Berthed all winter on the charger with heater on to keep mildew out.

Always get the one that turns off completely when it senses a complete charged state. Some have a high/low settings only. Then you get an over charged battery.

My current one has a dual mode 3/10A and has 3 lights.
Connected.
Charging.
Charged.

Nice and quiet too.
914werke
Yes. in fact I hooked it up today. Battery tender. smilie_pokal.gif
But I also have and disconect (knob) post which I use before I charge it . Oh Optima BTW smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.