Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
I have an older momo competition wheel that I really like, I put a wheelskin on it and its "ok" but I'd much rather have it look new. I heard someone say once that momo wheels can be "referbished" does anyone know who, where, how, etc. or is it just cheaper to find a new one that has a look and feel that you can stand? Talk to me Goose......
Jeroen
get a new one...
xitspd
ohmy.gif Show me a picture! Perhaps I have one that will work.
Gint
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Nov 6 2005, 07:03 PM)
get a new one...

Ah, come on now. I know how he feels. I want to redo this wheel cause I think it's cool.
SirAndy
QUOTE (jimtab @ Nov 6 2005, 06:30 PM)
Talk to me Goose......

i've been told MOMO itself will refurbish them. i got a original, period correct, Prototipo that i'd like to get redone.

cool.gif Andy
theol00
hi Jim - Have you talked to a good car upolstery shop - they can do pretty amazing work - I have an old Porsche steering wheel that I want o have covered with leather !
goose2
I talked to an upholstery shop about recovering a wheel once....they could do it but the cost was close to that of a new one.
jimtab
QUOTE (goose2 @ Nov 6 2005, 07:24 PM)
I talked to an upholstery shop about recovering a wheel once....they could do it but the cost was close to that of a new one.

That's what I'm afraid of and I don't think that there is anything "special" about this wheel except that I really like the feel of the damn thing....
spare time toys
american-stiches.com I asked them once then decided to try for myself. I have a few things going now so I have not started on it yet but I got the leather.
SirAndy
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 6 2005, 08:45 PM)
american-stiches.com I asked them once then decided to try for myself. I have a few things going now so I have not started on it yet but I got the leather.

what did you do for the foam that is under the leather? what glue are you going to use to make the leather stick to the foam?

idea.gif Andy
phantom914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 6 2005, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 6 2005, 08:45 PM)
american-stiches.com  I asked them once then decided to try for myself.  I have a few things going now so I have not started on it yet but I got the leather.

what did you do for the foam that is under the leather? what glue are you going to use to make the leather stick to the foam?

idea.gif Andy

Not to answer for him, but a common glue used in custom upholstery is 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.