Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear suspension checklist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, im rebuilding my entire rear suspension for my new car. Going to five lug, and i just need to know what all i need... bushings, bearing....etc i have the five lug hubs, and i am getting verbus studs. what all do i need?? i think im going to go with erics new v-calipers, and zimmerman vented rotors.... what shocks would be good?? this car is just going to be for street, and AX use... i was thinking bilsteins... konis seem good, but im not really that serious yet.. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
although nice... vented rotors arent required, and if i remember right, push the wheel further out than a standard 914 rear caliper. you running flares????????

new bushings are great. save time and buy eric shea's rear control arm kit. 2 newly done arms. new bushings and bearings, and 5 lug hubs.

love my billstein rears..... they rock.
bilsteins are a great combo for a driver and weekend racer.

rear sway bar - love mine. adds tuneability to a car.

AA
grasshopper
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 6 2005, 06:44 PM)
you running flares????????

i was thinking about doing the "natrual flare" look... i like that better than the GT's... i might just keep the fenders stock..
grasshopper
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 6 2005, 06:44 PM)
although nice... vented rotors arent required, and if i remember right, push the wheel further out than a standard 914 rear caliper.

just thought about it, and i think i'll just use my stock rear brakes, and non vented rotors...and about eric's control arm kit, i think i will just do this myself, im trying to do as much stuff as i can myself, so i can save money, to put toward the motor smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.