Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has the best prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Has anyone recently bought JE pistons for a 2.7? EBS still a good source? How much am I looking at?

Thanks,

Bill P.
DanT
Bill,
What the heck are you building now? wink.gif
nine14cats
Hi Dan,

The track car shows up by transport on Tuesday night. My rental house restoration will be done in 2 weeks. By New Year's I'll have a little time to assemble things, albeit at a very slow pace.

The Beast may become a joint project with a friend of mine who won 2 SCCA regional championships in the 70's. It's still in the early stages, so I'm doing homework. I have every part needed to put The Beast together except for a finished motor/trans combo. My friend specializes in the 2.0 to 3.0 liter 6 cyl motors. The idea is to assemble The Beast for materials only, no labor charges.

Between Scott Yeaman and myself, we should have The Beast assembled by the middle of next year. If we find a donor motor for the right price, we could have a GT3 class car ready for 2007. Or we could change the scope of the project and make it an auto-x killer. Without the big parts needed for the track, The Beast would be a VERY light auto-x car with a small 6 in it. It might be fun to take a run at Blyholder and Nieslony.... smile.gif

In any event, the car will be assembled per plan. I have lots of time to decide if we sell it or keep it or let someone buy into it.

Pretty crazy. I'm excited about the new car coming. I have scheduled T-Hill on December 18th and possibly Laguna Seca on December 15th (work may get in the way of Laguna).

Bill P>
SirAndy
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Nov 6 2005, 11:57 PM)
I'm excited about the new car coming. I have scheduled T-Hill on December 18th and possibly Laguna Seca on December 15th

smilie_pokal.gif it's about time ...
DanT
I swear, I can't keep up with your stuff....LOL
Did you already sell the 3.6L?
I may be at laguna 12/15 if I can juggle my schedule.
My car should be back from body shop by then, but I doubt I will have it all back together.
I am anxious to see your new 911...it looks like it will be fun. Probably a very quick car. Probably easily a 1:42 car at laguna, more than likely sub 1:40....wooohooo!
Hope to see you and Doris soon....at least next season for sure.
Dan

SirAndy
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Nov 7 2005, 12:06 AM)
Did you already sell the 3.6L?

see my signature ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
DanT
Very cool Andy smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
What Compression Ratio do you want?
nine14cats
Hi JP,

10.5 to 1 compression. Know anyone with good prices for the C's?

Bill P.
J P Stein
I used Shasta pistons, but I they are 9.7:1 (so's I can run pump gas)and were 1K with rings & pins. He may make 10.5s, but you'd have to ask. They are JE forgings thet he machines. 8.5 to 9.7 gives a good bump in torque/hp.....maybe 5%.... 9.7 to 10.5 gives less it's diminishing returns %wise as you go up the scale. If you go twin plug, you could (maybe) run pump gas.

If I knew of a place with a good price on the C's, I'd buy em'. laugh.gif I'm always on the look for em' and seldom see them at all these days. There are prolly some remans at EBS.
DanT
Bill,
Do you already have a motor or case?
I have a buddy with a 2.7L motor he is looking to sell.
Let me know and I can get you in contact with him.
cool.gif
drew365
The mechanic that rebuilt my engine this year used J&E pistons, 11.5:1. I don't know where he bought them but he charged me $900 for the set including rings. My car is twin plug and he said I could use pump gas so I've been running High Test from the pump. I occasionally put in some race gas at the track but I don't feel any improvement with it.
Mark Henry
Try Charles at LN...he can get JE's or shasta....as a matter of fact I beleive he makes EBS's cylinders.

http://www.lnengineering.com/911.html
KenH
Bill,

Contact JE directly - I think Jim is the guy to talk to - at one time they would custom fab the pistons & fit your supplied rings to your cylinders.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.