Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gt flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
banksyinoz
i have looked and looked, my 914 has had the front shaved down and the guards have been sorta flared but i need more room,

please help i would like to see pics of gt style flares on a chalon and also spoilers/airdams for the rubber bumpers
Rider914
What size tires do you have? and what would you like to fit?
SirAndy
gt flares, on a slope nose/ chalon

barf.gif
bd1308
i like seein a chalon every now-and then...intresting conversion.

looks liek your gonna get hit if your 914 is hanging out in the street like that.

good for a un-necessary bump.

b
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 7 2005, 06:04 PM)
i like seein a chalon every now-and then...

there's nothing wrong with a shalom (except the shaved fenders), i just think it won't work all that well with GT flares. visually. you know ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 7 2005, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 7 2005, 06:04 PM)
i like seein a chalon every now-and then...

there's nothing wrong with a shalom (except the shaved fenders), i just think it won't work all that well with GT flares. visually. you know ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

remember the slant nose white GT? had 411 lights in the bumper

icon8.gif barf.gif huh.gif
fiid
I'm not sure it could work. The top of the flare is level with the top of the sidelight dome/tube/ridge, which isn't present on a slant-nosed car.

I think it would look wierd.
Aaron Cox
ewww

user posted image
user posted image
Rider914
I like it??? leave out the "fog lights"
fiid
I stand corrected - that looks pretty good.

Brando
Take a good look at skline's car for a real chalon body kit.
bd1308
yeah the flares are a bit over the top.

the 411 lights in the fog light spots are hid-eay-ous.

b
banksyinoz
thanks guys its appreciated yeah i just wanted to see some pics,as i got a quote for $1300 au at my door my rims are 16x7 front and 16x8 rear they rub on the back even with stiffer springs and have pulled the front lips out

crazy idea no.1 ,found a set of early 90s wrangler flares and have cut to suit will post pics for opinions soon

thanks again beer.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 7 2005, 07:40 PM)
ewww

user posted image
user posted image

This is a beautiful ride. I do not think these are Stock style 916 flares.They look modified in the front side of the front fenders. Looks great but a pain in the a$$ to duplicate. driving.gif
davec
I have shaved front fenders and mild flares on the rear and run 16x7's and 8's, (Fuchs) with no problems after I rolled the front fenders. A fellow in Glastonbury, CT, Eric Baldesera (sp) did his own rear flares to resemble mine. It involved cutting pie shaped pieces out of the fenders and adding some metal. His cost? $0. I believe he mounted 9's in the rear.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (davec @ Nov 8 2005, 01:10 PM)
I have shaved front fenders and mild flares on the rear and run 16x7's and 8's, (Fuchs) with no problems after I rolled the front fenders. A fellow in Glastonbury, CT, Eric Baldesera (sp) did his own rear flares to resemble mine. It involved cutting pie shaped pieces out of the fenders and adding some metal. His cost? $0. I believe he mounted 9's in the rear.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif dead horse.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (davec @ Nov 8 2005, 03:10 PM)

I think this is eric's car cool.gif
jd74914
from the back. i hope this is the right car
nomore9one4
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Nov 8 2005, 05:29 PM)
from the back. i hope this is the right car

Sweet.. Theres a hint of triumph in those flares.Very nice. beer.gif
jd74914
thats what someone said the other day, very TR6-ish
Aaron Cox
looks kinda like a low rider with the wheels sticking out of the flares icon8.gif

gotta make the top of the fender stick out farther than the wheel you know?

i respect the work that went into those, just not my cup of coffee beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.