Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Hillclimb video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
URY914
I got this off another board and the guy had no details on it, where, car, nothing, but what a wild ride. Sure beats the shit out of autocrossing!

It's about 2 1/2 minutes long for you dial up guys.

http://testudladry.free.fr/jcc_videos2005/..._castellana.wmv

Turn it up...
Aaron Cox
oh man. that guy is apeshit.

AWESOME. looks like fun.... more so than an AX
Midtowner
Damn! biggrin.gif
SLITS
Asphalt wussies....Pike's Peak is dirt

Didn't we do that on the Poker run for the WCC05?

Looks like FUN driving.gif
Howard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 7 2005, 11:09 AM)

Just you, Ron wacko.gif
goose2
Awesome video...thanks! clap.gif any idea what the car is?
theol00
cool hillclimb - don't try this at home - better have a one-way street! mueba.gif driving.gif MDB2.gif calvin.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (goose2 @ Nov 7 2005, 02:45 PM)
Awesome video...thanks! clap.gif  any idea what the car is?

That car resembles this one. I know they have bike engines in them, not much more, but they look very similar.

I agree, crazy hillclimb and great video cool.gif
jd74914
Forgot the pic
GWN7
Sort of reminds me of Hells Gate going thru the Rockys....It like the video is different than a AX....AX make a mistake and a bunch of cones suffer. Make a mistake on the twistys and it's the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts.

Cool vid beerchug.gif
street legal go-kart
Looks like the last ten miles of my commute home.
I'm always REAL aware of the end result of a screw up on a road like that after being the first on scene of a guy in a Beemer who blew it on of the apexes of my road home.
Lets just say after he left the paved surface he didnt contact anything for about 400 feet.
Big Big owwee.
Started a fire also.
Thank god it was winter.

Great Vid.

JT
Root_Werks
ohmy.gif Wow!
Andyrew
screw 914's.....

I'll take one of those!
Porsche Rescue
Check out nhahillclimb.org
They had events in OR, ID, N. CA, MT, WY in '05. I think these are all weekend affairs.
I know a guy who participates with an Audi Coupe Quattro and is building a 914-6 to enter next year. Looks like fun.
Gustl
cool video mueba.gif

here in Europe there is a Hillclimb Championship

this video was taken in France

the driver is Alain CASTELLANA in his NORMA M20 (check out the onboard camera)

user posted image

wavey.gif Gustl
effutuo101
burnout.gif
All I can do is smile. Can we go watch?
SirAndy
QUOTE (URY914 @ Nov 7 2005, 11:55 AM)
Sure beats the shit out of autocrossing!

you've seen Howard Robilliard (Howard R) video from the hillclimb in australia ???

now that was schweet! (and in a 914/6)
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
URY914
Here is some info on the car...

http://www.vrchy.com/norma_castellana.html

It has a 3.0 BMW in it. ohmy.gif
fiid
That engine is worked over. Love it. wub.gif

The orange car above is a Radical SR3 - and yes - they come with either a 1300 ir 1500cc bike engine (and sequential shifter). They are very fast. I hear the 1500 engines aren't very reliable tho...

fiid
Oh yeah. Radicals are street legal in Europe.

driving.gif
Brett W
You can come try out our local Hill climb. Check out Crow Mountain

Here is the teaser for the DVD.

Hillclimb teaser
jd74914
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 7 2005, 04:50 PM)
Oh yeah. Radicals are street legal in Europe.

driving.gif

are they now. happy11.gif sweet. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brett W @ Nov 7 2005, 04:03 PM)
You can come try out our local Hill climb. Check out Crow Mountain

Here is the teaser for the DVD.

Hillclimb teaser

badass video....

whats it take to convinve local gov to close a road for a day?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Brett W @ Nov 7 2005, 04:03 PM)
You can come try out our local Hill climb.

damm, that looks like a shitty, bumpy road.

what is it with you guys that you can't seem to be able to make any nice roads ...
screwy.gif Andy
Mueller
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 7 2005, 05:10 PM)
what is it with you guys that you can't seem to be able to make any nice roads ...
screwy.gif Andy

it keeps the shock/dampener companies in business smile.gif
Jay Gratton
What don't you guys do that every weekend? JK, wouldn't that be awesome! We have a guy in our club who did One Lap of America in one of those. His is street legal! Best wishes - Jay Gratton
drew365
That's a wild ride! The course looks a lot like the Virginia City Hillclimb outside of Carson City Nevada. 5.2 miles long and 1200 foot climb with mountain on one side and cliff on the other. I did it for 9 years and miss it. It was crazy dangerous but a totally different rush than running a track. Thanks Ury.
Brett W
This was the first year for the event so the road was only re-paved in the corners. It is also a limited use county road. There are plans to have the whole road re-paved for next year's event.

The roads in the south are infinitely better than the roads anywhere else in the country. They don't take the beatings they do during winters up north and we also don't have as many people as you guys out in CA, so the wear is much less.

We talked to the city council and all of the land owners on either side of the road from the top to the bottom of the moutain. After convincing them that we weren't a bunch of beer drinking drunk ass rednecks they said OK you can come play on our road. Then the city said we can close the road for you, but "Bring money to our town". We had a great turn out and the city was happy so we will be having that event again next year and hopefully for many years to come.
jimtab

It's only dirt at the top now.....
jonwatts
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 7 2005, 04:10 PM)
screwy.gif Andy

What do you mean by "you guys"?
jonwatts
P.S. to Brett - that event looked great and the video was awesome. You could really tell everybody was getting in to it, like the corner worker lifting his leg after the car did the same.

BMartin914
QUOTE (jimtab @ Nov 7 2005, 08:24 PM)

It's only dirt at the top now.....

Yes...and no. They did pave it farther up, so it is not as much "dirt." But they spray the roadbase with a Pennzoil product that makes it as close to a paved surface as you can get without actually paving it. It makes the surface very hard and is supposed to minimize the dust and debris that comes off of the road surface.

If the city council gets their way, the Hill Climb will go bye bye in the next few years. sad.gif
bd1308
I didn't see any 914s?

we could blow them away....

b
rpmmaxxed
bd1308 Posted on Nov 8 2005, 08:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't see any 914s?

b  

Thats what I was thinkin.
URY914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 8 2005, 08:30 AM)
I didn't see any 914s?

b

I want to do that. smile.gif
Downunderman
Nothing like a bit of closed road to race on. I'm off to Adelaide next Monday. Car goes on the truck on Friday then we fly over. Hopefully wont have the problems of last year.

www.classicadelaide.com.au
Downunderman
PS put on a set of Dunlop D02G (195/55/15) in the softest compound. Preliminary indications are that they will stick like shit to a blanket.
davep
QUOTE (Howard R @ Nov 8 2005, 10:58 AM)
Nothing like a bit of closed road to race on. I'm off to Adelaide next Monday. Car goes on the truck on Friday then we fly over. Hopefully wont have the problems of last year.

www.classicadelaide.com.au

Go for it Howard!
We look forward to some more great video this year. Last year's video is my all time favourite.
URY914
Howad post that one again, please. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Nov 7 2005, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 7 2005, 04:10 PM)
screwy.gif  Andy

What do you mean by "you guys"?

you "amuricans", in the broadest, most generalized sense of the word ...

smile.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (URY914 @ Nov 8 2005, 12:44 PM)
Howad post that one again, please. biggrin.gif

i've got it at home, can post it later tonight ...

maybe we should set up a members videos section ...
idea.gif Andy
URY914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 8 2005, 12:32 PM)
maybe we should set up a members videos section ...
idea.gif Andy

That would be cool.

I've wanted to start a car picture thread. Only odd ball cars, P-cars, race cars, or whatever.

Than I could post pictures of ugly 911's. laugh.gif
don9146
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Nov 8 2005, 12:17 PM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't see any 914s?

b  

It looks like at least one 914 was there ( http://www.crowmountainhillclimb.org/entri...redCrawford.htm ). Anyone know him or the car? If it is prepped half as nice as it looks, it should fly...

Later,
Don
Andyrew
I'd love a members video section....

I know the racer guys have bazillions of video's.
Downunderman
I'll get some video. 35 or so stages over 4 days racing, varying in length from about 7 or 8 km up to 17 km. Good weather over there this time of the year, but can get a bit too sunny, 38 - 40 C (100 - 110 ish in your money). A bit exhausting in a triple layer suit all day.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard R @ Nov 8 2005, 02:56 PM)
but can get a bit too sunny, 38 - 40 C (100 - 110 ish in your money). A bit exhausting in a triple layer suit all day.

get one of the watercooled racing suits!

cool_shades.gif Andy
Brett W
I didn't see any 914s?

The one that was signed up for our event broke at the last minute. I couldn't come up with a complete side shift 915 in two days so he could make the event so he had to cancel his entry. Hopefully we'll see him next year.
smac
smilie_pokal.gif blink.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Nov 7 2005, 12:35 PM)
Check out nhahillclimb.org
They had events in OR, ID, N. CA, MT, WY in '05. I think these are all weekend affairs.
I know a guy who participates with an Audi Coupe Quattro and is building a 914-6 to enter next year. Looks like fun.

In OREGON?!? Shweeeeet...I want to hill-climb more than auto-x but didn't know it was available. Thanks for the URL! When I used to live in Philomath they would have hill-climbs up Mary's Peak. That'd be fun!
bd1308
QUOTE (don9146 @ Nov 8 2005, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Nov 8 2005, 12:17 PM)
I didn't see any 914s?

b  

It looks like at least one 914 was there ( http://www.crowmountainhillclimb.org/entri...redCrawford.htm ). Anyone know him or the car? If it is prepped half as nice as it looks, it should fly...

Later,
Don

looks like the school bus from the partridge family

laugh.gif

smile.gif b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.