Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 axels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
I found a place that will rework our cv's - bored out / new guts / grease / boots / paint the axel. Looks to be in the $80-90 range per axel. You would have to ship them to him and he would ship them back (shipping not included in above).

I am going back to see this guy tomorrow (he just did my 90 Camry axels/cv's). He has done several 914's before (at least thats what he said).

Anyone interested? I might be able to get a discount if we have enough interest. I will be able to ask tomorrow. And no - the camry axels were paid up front - $60 ea plus tax.

M
Mueller
I wonder how this would affect the strength of the CV's, (removing material for larger bearings)

sounds like a killer price, I'd be interested if truely a full rebuild and not just a cleaning....
SLITS
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 7 2005, 03:23 PM)
I wonder how this would affect the strength of the CV's, (removing material for larger bearings)

sounds like a killer price, I'd be interested if truely a full rebuild and not just a cleaning....

The amount that they "should" remove to correct a worn out CV should not dramatically decrease the strength of the cage assembly. If they remove an excess to "save" an undesirealble core, it could be weakened.

That said, there are boocoo cores around so that a supply of good cores should not be a real problem.
Andyrew
I'd be interested.
Count me in as well!
Lou W
me too, I'm interested
bd1308
i'd be in.

just as long as i can borrow some cores.

b
Andyrew
btw, when where talking new guts..... are we talking a new ball ring (whatever that is called)?

Can I send him my 3 broken ringed shafts??? I have lots of cv's... and I would love to have them rebuilt.

Plenty of good spares is something I like.
736conver
You should be able to find some cheaper rebuilders. Call up ARI or send them an email and they can send you to your local dealer. I was getting them done at about $45 an axle. My local dealer was about 3 hours away but shipping was dirt cheap. From the local dealer they go to the main shop where the actual work is done. Check out the website and you can see what they do to them.

ARI webpage
guywan914
i'm interested keep us posted wink.gif
914werke
I just nedd some new balls....er...Bearings wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.