Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: eBay Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Just sold off a bunch of stuff on eBay and have a potential problem. The buyer on a distributer has no feedback and lives in Argentina. He had email and I stated as it said in the auction that I would ship to the United States. He said his sister lived in Orlando, but he still wants me to ship to Bueno Aires. I think I smell a scam. Am I right.

T.C.
bernbomb914
pay now ship later you cant lose

Bernie
Jeroen
as long as you get the money first, who cares where you need to ship it...
Rough_Rider
Hey if he's paying plus covering shipping costs, what difference does it make?
Allan
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Nov 7 2005, 04:48 PM)
pay now ship later you cant lose

Bernie

agree.gif Yep. Payment up front, wait a couple days to make sure it sticks then ship. Make the buyer agree in writing that since it's overseas you cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged goods. I ship internationally once in a while and have had things swiped by the customs guys in the country of arrival.
bd1308
sent a mobo to a ebay n00b in guam. everythign went fine. SHIP USING USPS, not UPS.

UPS is mucho expensive-o.

b
914Sixer
Shipping hint: Do NOT put Porsche any where on the customs form. That only increases your chance for theft. I have shipped stuff as far as Thailand with not a single lost item. Post office is slower but the most cost effective. It was $80 to send horn button to Mexico from Texas on UPS and only $12 by Post Office.
lapuwali
Shipping, for whatever reason, is quite expensive there. I sold a pair of IDFs to a guy in Buenos Aires, and shipping was $150!

Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 7 2005, 05:02 PM)
sent a mobo to a ebay n00b in guam.

U.S. Territory... biggrin.gif
bd1308
and?

it was still a beotch to get sent. and UPS still wanted $480 insured to send my mobo. They said they would send it un-insured w/o tracking for $96.

I've been to a "US territory" before and you still have to pass Customs.

b
URY914
TC,
Ask him what his sister looks like, you never know... confused24.gif
davep
Yes, double-check shipping costs carefully for overseas and South America. Watch out for fuel surcharges also, they often don't mention that until the bitter end, and boy what a nasty surprise. A lot of stuff never gets delivered south of the US border. A friend regularly ships to Mexico and points south, hardly ever without incident. I've had items from SA and Europe recently without problems though.

Shipping heavy items like alternators can be tricky. Good strong packaging helps, and for low cost delivery it can take a week to ten days. It costs an arm and a leg or three for fast shipping.
TonyAKAVW
I have shipped several packages to Buenos Aires (wife's family lives there) and haven't had a problem with things arriving, but nothing very heavy. Its pretty expensive to ship things there, and their postal service or customs seems slow. Whereas USPS says 3-5 days its more like 2 weeks. Thats not the cheapest route either....

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.