Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best source(s) of weatherstripping?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turtleman
I wish to weatherproof a 914 that needs the much of the weatherstripping renewed. Plans are to do the:

1) Rear window
2) Doors
3) Possibly the side seals of the Targa top

Who caries good quality at pretty good pricing? Prefer to buy from the sources directly and avoid too many middlemen, if possible.

Any suggestions?

GCW
jim912928
I got all (I mean all) of my seals from GPR except 1...rear targa top seal I got the "sammy" seal from in here. GPR had great prices and all were OEM seals.

Jim
D1A3
Everybody talks about GPR, but when I look at their website (www.gprparts.com) I can never find anything I'm looking for. For example, we're talking about getting weatherstipping from them, I follow the links out to the same "crappy" auto parts menu you see just about everywhere ...and it says "no parts found." I'd really like to try them for my next needs, but does anyone ever find what they are looking for on their site? I hear lots o good things about them...

--Jason
'76 2.0
736conver
As with any company your usually better off calling them. The pages that you are looking at on the GPR website is the worldpac part. Its bascially what you said
I follow the links out to the same "crappy" auto parts menu you see just about everywhere
There are hundreds of worldpac sellers. GPR, Pelican and the many other Porsche parts places are much more then worldpac.
Give GPR a call 1-800-321-5432 Talk to Dave ext 502
Tell him Brian sent you.
MattR
You HAVE to call GPR. Their site is no good...
scruz914
QUOTE (D1A3 @ Nov 7 2005, 10:57 PM)
Everybody talks about GPR, but when I look at their website  (www.gprparts.com) I can never find anything I'm looking for.  .....  I hear lots o good things about them...

--Jason
'76 2.0

Call them. At least call Don Welch anyway. And check out this Club link.

GPR Rubber Seals

I hear that the Sammy Seal is the best thing going for the top though.

-Jeff
736conver
Don no longer works for GPR and prices have increased since then. That was almost a year ago.
scruz914
QUOTE (736conver @ Nov 7 2005, 11:13 PM)
Don no longer works for GPR and prices have increased since then. That was almost a year ago.

That's too bad. A call to them seems to be the best way to check on parts though. I bought my engine compartment seals from Don in January so my info is old. Isn't there a Dave that works there?

-Jeff
736conver
I think there is a Dave there. Not sure. wink.gif
Brando
When buying from GPR I always ask for dave and mention 914club. He likes our business.
blitZ

I contacted GPR initially by phone, had them email me the final order to verify it was correct and it wasn't. Don't know what's going on over there?

Ended up going to AA since they are local to me. Oddly enough, their seal prices are fairly competitive. They are supposedly getting the elusive top window seal reproduced and will have it in the spring/2006 at half the cost (if you can find one).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.