Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kill Switch Location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Please send pictures of different locations of Kill Switch.

Thanks
TINCAN914
If you could also inclue your address that would be nice.... wink.gif
I wasthinking about installing one as well, when the car is ready to run. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Rider914
somewhere you can reach with your left hand, while your right hits the key.

thieves lean to the right while they crack the collar with a BF screwdriver, ducking so that no one will see them.

My favorite for a SUV is a switch that sends the fuel gauge to E. A tank of gas is worth more than the car.
Grimstead
If I was to use one (not saying that I am), I think a good place to be would be attached to the fuel pump in the front trunk (not that I have one there). THis would give you the double protection of a locked hood and a kill switch on the fuel pump with no way to bypass (not that I have put one there).
cool_shades.gif

PS, As of Today, my best theft protection is the four jackstands holding my car up.
TINCAN914
The jackstands are great security...
Years ago I leaned of a cheap security system. I length of chain, approximatley 24" long and a pad lock. Wrap the cahin around the clutch and brake pedel. Can't shift without locking the brakes, I did this after my car was stolen 10 years ago, until I got a security system installed. They came back a week after steeling it the first time. It works.. They backed out under the car port, and found they couldn't shift. THere it was left..
URY914
QUOTE (retrotech @ Nov 7 2005, 07:37 PM)
Please send pictures of different locations of Kill Switch.

Thanks

Do you mean a racing kill switch?

I think SCCA covers location in the rule book. I think it says something about in the event of a roll over the worker must be able to reach it. I mounted mine close enough that I can reach it while belted in my seat.

Paul
retrotech
yes, I was referring to racing look/application.
d914
mine was in the side engine grill over stock battery location, I have also seen them in the front cowl. I also have a master kill switch on the dash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.