Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Think about it, So Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Howard
CHANGE OF PLANS
OK, weather too much. 90% chance of rain Friday with lows in the 20's Saturday night for Frazier Park. ICE!!!! We'll do it again in the Spring.

Plan B:
9:14am Meet at Gelson's Market in Calabasas. This is the normal start place for Pelican runs, so if you've been there...

Leave there 10am.

Mulholland past Rock Store to Rte 23 (AKA Westlake Blvd and Decker Canyon) Left to PCH.
PCH Right to Neptune's Net restaurant. They don't open that early, but p'lot is good place to regroup.

Leave there, head back to Mulholland Hwy (Just past the LA county line sign)
Left on Mulholland Left on 23. Stay on 23 north where it separates from Mulholland and head down the hill. Left on Hampshire Rd, follow it under Fwy. Middle lane, cross Thousand Oaks Blvd into Tommy's parking lot.

Please print and bring witcha.
Aaron Cox
sounds fun.

BUT - say before the Bradhole swap and hangout in SD.

ill let you know. biggrin.gif
Jacques
Looks good,.. now to get my car sorted by then... mad.gif
Brando
Already opting out -- friday is a normal workday.
Allan
How about running the other way? Fillmore to Gorman. I'd be up for that...
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 7 2005, 11:38 PM)
Great roads, not much CHP, 100+ miles.

That's what you said about the WCC05 Poker Run mad.gif

Ok, so I lied! happy11.gif
rpmmaxxed
I'd be all for the 26th
andys
Seems to me, that a good portion of Lockwood Valley Road is pretty desolate.....good for a fun run, not good if you need help. Interesting drive.

Andys
TonyAKAVW
Sounds like fun to me. If I can get my shifting problems sorted out I'll bring the 914, otherwise it will be the TT...

-Tony
Allan
Do cell phones work throughout the way?
Howard
Combo of Brad's swap meet, people going out of town, and Friday after TG a working day for some, how about the following week. Saturday, 12/2 sound better?
jim_hoyland
Sounds good;I'm in
TonyAKAVW
Fine by me
Carlitos Way
Count me in if I'm back up and running...
Allan
Saturday is the 3rd. Daughters Birthday party...

I'm out.
bondo
Any track fees? wink.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Nov 8 2005, 11:37 AM)
Count me in if I'm back up and running... <crossing fingers, legs, and eyes>

You and Skline, Carlos biggrin.gif
I'll pick you up wacko.gif

Allan, if we do it Sunday will you come? Or another lame ass excuse cool_shades.gif
Carlitos Way
Count me in if I'm back up and running...
Carlitos Way
I don't think I have any plans... so I'm really looking forward to the drive the only thing that might hold me up is if my girls (the ones I hired to run my karaoke show) flake on me and I have to work late night.

Allan
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 8 2005, 11:49 AM)
Allan, if we do it Sunday will you come? Or another lame ass excuse cool_shades.gif

If it's Sunday I can make it.... cool_shades.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 8 2005, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 8 2005, 11:49 AM)
Allan, if we do it Sunday will you come?  Or another lame ass excuse  :shades:

If it's Sunday I can make it.... cool_shades.gif

Sixers don't run on Sundays
ewdysar
Friday 11/25 is best for me with no apparent conflict with Brad's SM on Saturday 11/26. Next choice for me is Saturday 12/3. Sunday 12/4 is not so good for me. Let's see which day works out best...

Eric
Brando
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 8 2005, 11:15 AM)
Combo of Brad's swap meet, people going out of town, and Friday after TG a working day for some, how about the following week. Saturday, 12/2 sound better?

Saturday 12/3 sounds good Howie. Where exactly would be the starting point? (need to gauge distance from riverslime).
rpmmaxxed
Hmmm, looks to be around 420 or so miles roundtrip...

Think I may have to sit this one out, a weeks mileage in one day might not be best for the 170K miles 1.7 confused24.gif

Maybe next time.

Have fun fella's
Howard
Thanks for the date catch, Brando. Start point will be the always lovely Flying J Truck Stop. Gas, food, store.

I-5 Frazier Park Exit
Phone: (661) 248-2600
dekman
I'm in.....but when, where, who? Lunch in Ojai...Howards treating! clap.gif
Howard
QUOTE (dekman @ Nov 8 2005, 09:17 PM)
I'm in.....but when, where, who? Lunch in Ojai...Howards treating! clap.gif

Look at first page rolleyes.gif

Was planning for lunch at Elkins, but we could do it in Ojai. Who do we know who lives there?
MattR
I should be in if someone wants ~200 lbs of dead weight riding shotgun. My 914 wont be done by then.
Brando
I think Aaron is my copilot thus far. But if he copps out due to missing his baby in mexico you can ride shotgun Matt.
ewdysar
OK, so it's looking like Saturday 12/3, I should be there. Next question, what time?

edit: I just went and checked out the starting post, we meet at 9:14 at the Flying J...

Eric
Jacques
user posted image very good. 12/3 is much better!
Allan
I guess I will meet everybody at the Flying J and watch you guy's dissapear into the hills... sad.gif
Howard
Just a quick bump..
Aaron Cox
12/3?

i think im out thus far.
howard - ill edit the title
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 8 2005, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (dekman @ Nov 8 2005, 09:17 PM)
I'm in.....but when, where, who?  Lunch in Ojai...Howards treating! clap.gif

Look at first page rolleyes.gif

Was planning for lunch at Elkins, but we could do it in Ojai. Who do we know who lives there?

Isn't the good Doctor in Ojai????
Crazyhippy
Not sure if 150 from Ojai to Santa Paula is open... tried to go through there on a bike a few months back and it was still closed (landslide took out the road)

I'm game.

BJH
dekman
Elkins ranch is a nice place for lunch.....end of run. The 150 from ojai to santa paula is open...but there are a few stop lights in single lane areas that slow you down. Howard is our leader pray.gif
Brando
I have been informed 12/3 is the formal dinner get-together for my local PCA. Board members are required attendance dry.gif Sorry guys, won't make the Triptophan run sad.gif
Howard
Gonna go and scope out the portion from Elkins Ranch to Ojai this AM to check road conditions and avoid chores around the house. It's a dirty job, etc.
Howard
See updated first post.
TonyAKAVW
As per the first post.. I'll be there! Jes has final exams soon, so she won't be coming. I'll have an open seat as well.

-Tony
Mike D.
I'll be there, and I'll try and drum up some the 914 guys local to me that don't post much. Would anyone be offended if I invite a Farrari guy? just kidding I'm doing it anyway...
See you there...

-Mike D.
ewdysar
I was in, had a co-pilot and every thing. The wife came in this morning and said "there's green stuff leaking out of your car..." headbang.gif Soooo, it looks like the radiator is going back to Rod Simpsons Rads....again. Did I say headbang.gif already? Sad part is that the rad works great, just doesn't keep the coolant where I put it.

I'm out for this one, hope I can get the car turned around by x-mas.

Eric
Howard
uhh... may be a change of date or location.
Flat VW
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 29 2005, 05:09 PM)
uhh... may be a change of date or location.

Wussies
Howard
Yeah, that would be me. Gorman is the start of the run and we would be going into the mountains from there to about 3000' higher. Was it 4 degrees per thousand feet? 31-12=

Carlitos Way
I'm praying for a delay so I can get my car to "reliable" standards...

Mike D.
Damn - stupid weather.... mad.gif
MattR
I cant make it this weekend sad.gif

Free bump

have fun!
JB 914
I'm booked solid for the next two weeks with my 2 year olds B-Day this weekend and my daughters performing in the "Nutcracker" next weekend. Plus, Grandma and Grandpa are visiting. wacko.gif

Plus, i'm smack dab in the final coding of my next software release that i have to get done before XMAS.

see ya next year!

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.