Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: had an epiphany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OMB_Godfather
ok so i had an epiphany for you turbo guys out there. I dont knwo if this would work but if it was possible run the intercooler tubes for a turbo along the passenger side floor board. could go from the firewall straight down under the seat with rectangular tubing all the way to the front of the car and run a scoop or somethin for the intercooler like the ls6 beast has for the radiator. Maybe im thinkin too big here but we wouldnt be here if someone didnt think too big
Mueller
you could, but that would create a lot of turbo lag to move the air all that way and back to the engine....

I don't think it would be enjoyable to drive unless you are on boost all the time
OMB_Godfather
ya thats true. has anyone ever used an electric fan for a turbo or maybe to reduce turbo lag? you knwo liek the ones for pc cooling systems just mounted inside a tube.
Joe Ricard
Not much boost from a little fan. Need BIG ASS fan to make as much air flow as a Turbo or Supercharger.
I say just wait for the Raby kit or copy some of the stuff already been done.
I got a friend who just hired on to BORG as a Co-op student Making turbo designs for all kinds of stuff. He will be finishing his ME degree in the spring. Dude is a genious and one hell of a driver behind the wheel of his EVO.

Sorry just rambling I need more beer.gif
Dave_Darling
Hmm, maybe if you duct air from the front to an under-floor mounted cooler back at the engine bay? That would (hopefully) get you clean cold high-pressure air to the cooler, but you wouldn't have the long run of pressurized air to a front-mounted charge cooler.

You'd lose some pressure and flow to the ducting, though. And it'd be tough to keep it from being damaged on speed-bumps, among other things.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.