Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of OT, well kinda, for you tail draggers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
I one of these in HighSchool. The 2.0E engine is a great engine. You can rev the piss out of them, at least I did mine. This guy has a good price on this car too if it runs and drives, even if it has some rust on it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/109632554.html

I think the early 2.0E's were 140hp engines?
Jeroen
ad saiz L (carbs), not E (mech.injection)
I think E was only available on 2.2 and 2.4 engines

Still... could be a good deal for someone looking for a SWB project
Root_Werks
Yup, "E" came out in 69' and was the injected version of this car. in 1968 there was no "S" offered in the 50 states because of emissions. These cars came with air pumps which made them backfire a lot. Many deals sneakingly disconected the pumps and dailed in the engines to run good. An "L" is a slightly de-tuned version of an "S" cammed almost just like an "E" engine would be. Very fun little cars. I know of a few guys who love these early short wheel based 911's for track use. They wiegh what 914's wiegh, super light. For $5500, seems like a good deal as long as the front pan isn't completely gone. Even so, $250 and a days work and that would be new.

I don't do tail draggers, but just figered if someone out there did, this is one to at least look at.
Jeroen
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Nov 8 2005, 04:23 PM)
I don't do tail draggers, but just figered if someone out there did, this is one to at least look at.

why not?
this could be a nice opportunity to "expand" biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Every time I get one, I want to sell it and do another 914. biggrin.gif That said, I have owned a few:

1968 L
1970 E
1977S
1975 S
1975 S
1979 SC
1978 SC
1973 T
1987 Carerra

I think that all the 911's I have owned at some time or another. All nice cars, drivers, not even project cars, just good drivers. But with each of those was usually followed by some 914 purchase. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.