Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autopower Roll bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
Anybody using an AutoPower roll bar? Any comments or complaints, the one I'm looking at attaches in the left and right rear corners of the floor and then has a third bar that comes down to the passenger foot well. It allows a passenger without interference.
URY914
My original roll bar was the Autopower main hoop. No problems at all.
And I think the owner has or had a 914.

Paul
Jeroen
ya can't attach a rollbar to the floor
it needs to be mounted on top of the longs
URY914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Nov 9 2005, 07:48 AM)
ya can't attach a rollbar to the floor
it needs to be mounted on top of the longs

I think it is made to attach to the floor because as a general rule, most rules makers (SCCA) say to attach to the floor. Not all cars have longs to mount to. The rules are written to cover all cars.

1bad914
It is currently in a car, I looked at it last night and seem to remember it being attached to the floor. I'm not really sure what good it would do, but it would make me feel better and allow a 5 point harness. 320 hp and a stock seatbelt scare me, also looking at a set or Corbeau seats.
URY914
I think the bar that runs to the front and bolts to the middle of the floor is just about worthless. It need to run into the corner where the long meets the floor.

Jeroen
floors are NOT a structural part of a 914, so a rollbar/cage has NO business being mounted to it
Verruckt
My previous 914 had a bar (pretty sure it was an autopower) and it attached at the top of the longs in the back. If i remember right, the petty bar came down and attached to the vertical part of the footwell (where the foam block goes). That petty bar was a PITA. I never took it out, but it was annoying.

I got pulled over once and some dumb cop decided he needed to look in my car. I waited in back by the other cop, and heard a loud "thunk". I don't think he liked that petty bar either. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I have an Autopower hoop with diagonal brace behind the passenger seat.

I like the bar. However, it does not allow for much passenger seat adjustment.

That's why I don't drive from that side lol2.gif

KT
Porsche Rescue
I have an Autopower bolt in cage which starts with their roll bar. It mounts to the top of the longs. There is provision for a diagonal brace running from driver to pass. side in front of the firewall (petty bar), but it would interfere with passenger seat (and maybe back pad as well). Autopower also makes (made?) the bar with the diagonal to the front pass. floor. It intrudes somewhat on passenger and driver but is tolerable.
Trekkor
Oh, and it mounts on top of the longs and ties into the stock seat belt threads in the targa bar.

KT
1bad914
Trekkor,
Do you have a pic of yours? I think this one also ties into the seat belt bolt in the targa bar.
Trekkor
I'll post a pic or two in a few hours.

KT
Jacques
Pic of my 2nd Autopower, sorry not the best angle. pinch.gif Shows the diagonal and the mounting to the inner targa.
Still have my backpad in place.. Pass. seat has to go pretty far up; probably only accessible to 'secretaries' !!!

user posted image
Trekkor
Here-
Aaron Cox
el shittius picturus huh.gif
andys
Is the rollbar directly in front of the engine lid pull? Any problems with that?

Andys
Verruckt
QUOTE (andys @ Nov 9 2005, 04:05 PM)
Is the rollbar directly in front of the engine lid pull? Any problems with that?

Andys

From what I remember of mine it was close, but still working room
Steve
You can buy the autopower roll bar with a removeable back brace.
With the back brace out the passenger seat goes all the way back.
I also only use the front brace to the floor when I autocross and I want to mount the video camera.
hmeeder
Mine;

yes, mounted through the floor. I have the Petty bar and have not decidied whether I'm going to use it or not.

Autopower supplies mounting plates that sandwich the floor between the plate and the mount.
hmeeder
sorry, forgot the pic biggrin.gif
hmeeder
one more. I would prefer to have it welded in, but I was looking to also retain some of the interior.

Aaron Cox
herb - it has a built in harness bar?
hmeeder
No, that's a harness bar I built for the car about 2 years back. They do look like they are part of the same thing, but in actuality 2 separate pieces.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.