Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anything like old 356 Registry get togethers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Back in the day (probably before a number of you were born) I belonged to both the 356 Registry and Porsche Club of America. At the time I had a '55 Speedster (this was also pre-replica craze). The 356 Registry gatherings were much lower key, focused exclusively on 356s, while the PCA stuff - Parades and such - tended to be dominated by whatever Porsche was selling the most of at the time (as I recall 911s, 924s and 928s) and were thus much broader in scope. It's been ages since I was a member of either. Perhaps with the zoom-up in 356 prices over the past 20 years the 356 Registry crowd has gotten a bit more upscale than it used to be.

That's a long way around to wondering if there's something like the Registry gatherings for the 914 crowd. My sense from this forum is that people seem to get together informally in areas where 914s exist in high concentrations, California mostly.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro
TROJANMAN
you just missed the Fall Foliage Classic. not too far from you in Indiana.
r_towle
The get togethers are mostly informal, though there are a few yearly events...the west coast classic (wcc) the Fall foliage classic (FFc) I am sure to have missed a few.

Basically, start a new thread, call it Midwest get together...or whatever area you want.

Rich
meares
yep, you've got a great point....there are A LOT of folks in CA!....i'm in atlanta and there are a # of members in the southeast.... beerchug.gif it would be nice to have an East coast get together! among my dad's collection of porsches is a 60 356B roadster...he is a member of the 356 registry and is thinking of having a rally or fest of somesort in Pinehurst NC...his name is Jim Heustess......jheustess@aol.com...i'm SURE he'd love to talk to you about the gathering....this is his second 356 B roadster.....his present one is a jewel to say the least...please contact him if you wish!
SirAndy
how about you click on the "Events" link in the top navigation ????

biggrin.gif Andy
fiid
We used to do lunches and tours occasionally in Norcal as part of the RoadGlue group. I'd like to get that going again when I get my car to an okay state.

smontanaro
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 9 2005, 06:00 PM)
how about you click on the "Events" link in the top navigation ????

biggrin.gif Andy

Thanks... I'm still learning my way around the joint...
seanery
Skip,
We've got the Fall Foliage Classic in Columbus/Nashville, IN in October and the Midwest Classic outside of Detroit in August. They are fun with folks from all over the country driving in. Last month at the FFC we had FlatVW drive in from Phoenix and Kelly Manley from MN. Ed Morrow flew in from the east coast. Last year we had Tommy914 drive up from Mississippi, along with Kelly & Rick Ollah from MN.

We also had lots of IL, OH, MI, IN, KY folks show up too!

beerchug.gif
smontanaro
QUOTE (seanery @ Nov 9 2005, 07:49 PM)
We've got the Fall Foliage Classic in Columbus/Nashville, IN in October ...

Ooh... Cool architecture to boot...

S
ken914
Skip,

I go to the 356 Registry East Coast Holiday frequently. I have a '53 coupe. Still a fun crowd, just takes a few holidays to figure out who to ignore and who to drink beer with. Hang around the keg and you will figure it out.

Ken
seanery
I forgot to mention our friendly Canadian, Bruce Napier (gwn7) who drove to 2 years' ago's Midwest Classic and flew in to last year's FFC and this year's West Coast Classic. wink.gif
seanery
QUOTE (smontanaro @ Nov 9 2005, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Nov 9 2005, 07:49 PM)
We've got the Fall Foliage Classic in Columbus/Nashville, IN in October ...

Ooh... Cool architecture to boot...

S

Last year we did a Poker Run using the Architectural Tour's map as a guide. Everyone got a map and a set of clues (there were 3 different sets of clues wink.gif ) We had 914s criss-crossing Columbus for hours! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 9 2005, 06:05 PM)
We used to do lunches and tours occasionally in Norcal. I'd like to get that going again.

like that one breakfast we had in novato?

laugh.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
I "think" there was a RRC (Red Rocks Classic) not sure... drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.