Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound proofing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikey
All I have left of the original soundproofing is the backpad. Are the floorpan, longitudinal and tunnel pieces available? Can't seem to find them listed at any of the usual places. The originals were tar-like and needed to be hit with a heat gun to remove them.

I've considered leaving them out, but I'm concerned it would sound like I'm driving around in a barrel.
McMark
I'm not sure if you're doing the CW thing or not. wink.gif But you can use any acoustic mat available, such as DynaMat.

How's the car coming? I ain't been down there in awhile.
mikey
I have concours-weenie tendencies, but I'm also kinda cheap. What I really want is something that will stay in place - i.e.doesn't require lots of gluing and bending into place - and something that is effective. The original soundproofing was quite thick and probably dampened things pretty well. If I could find the original pieces somewhere I'd probably get them

The car is coming right along. I got the targa vinyl and trim on this month (and the rear window and interior trim and rear window seals). Dashboard and gauges have been in for a while. I want to get the carpet set and seats in this month.

The engine and tranny are about 90% ready to install.

The problem is finding the time to work on it as work has been pretty hectic.
grasshopper
i like this..... that is what im going to use when my new floors are in...... HERE
swl
I know AA has a bit of a bad rep for shipping but they do list the floor pan tar early trunk pad
motorhead
Original dynamat. It will look pretty close to the old stuff, it's easy to install, and it works great.
mikey
i like this..... that is what im going to use when my new floors are in...... HERE

Grasshopper, this looks interesting. It's thin and it says it's stretchable. Might give it a try, thanks.

The Wurth stuff from AA looks like regular tarpaper....but then there's AA's reputation to deal with wink.gif

Isn't there another FLAPS in California that gets stuff from AA but doesn't have their customer service issues?
Jenny
GPR, if I recall correctly.

Jen
vesnyder
A fellow club member recommended FatMat - found on eBay. Similar to Dynamat, but less expensive. Bought enough to do the interior for ~$50. Search on eBay for FatMat.
mikey
GPR, if I recall correctly.

Thanks Jen! wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.