Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Rattle can spray paint that can be baked?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I went to half a dozen places over the weekend trying to find a spray paint that I can bake on to make the paint more durable.

Is this stuff not made anymore or do they just not put the directions on the cans like they used to?
Carrera916
hey mike,

are you referring to powder paint approach or using the VHT (very high temp) paint? I always heated the piece that i wanted 'em to be painted, in the oven for about three to five min then take her out to be painted on. It's a trip to watch how the paint dried instantly and after the pieces are cooled off, you'd be amazed how durable it sticks.

the VHT paint works very well for exhaust system or peices that are right next to exhaust system....other pieces, I had used the Krylon and .....oh some other name i can't remember now...yes, the directions on the can never mentioned it but I always do that...grin...

hey, did you get my email about the metric multistandard company?

regards,
jerry
GWN7
Get a manufacture's name and part number and I'll look around up here in Mexico North for it.
Joe Bob
You can bake anything....they just don't advertise it any more. They ALL flash off slowly and they can appreciate some heat. MY rattle can efforst was still flashing of vapors for a week in 80+ F weather......
Joe Bob
Overall with MY babies....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.