Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Happy Birthday Marines!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Thats right, 230 years ago on this date a few hard chargers got together at a watering hole named Tun Tavern in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and created the world's finest fighting force!

To all my brothers out there who have also claimed the title- Happy Birthday!

Be sure to think about the Devil dogs that are squeezing rounds off this very day while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. ar15.gif

Now I think I'm gonna go polish the EGA on my office door!

Semper Fi,
Jake
nomore9one4
flag.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif flag.gif
TINCAN914
flag.gif flag.gif pray.gif pray.gif flag.gif flag.gif
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif SEMPER FI driving.gif
BMartin914
Lookin' good for 230! biggrin.gif
effutuo101
agree.gif support our troops.
Root_Werks
pray.gif flag.gif
Katmanken
Boooo RAHHH for my uncle -

flag.gif George Brodbeck USMC flag.gif

Fought his way across the pacific in WWII...

Fought his way up the Korean penninsula in that war....

AND was a Drill Sargent after that... (one of Jakes favorite people!)

One of the nicest funniest men I ever knew.....

But he could endure anything and kick anybody's ass....

Semper Fi guys.. Let's go for 230 years more....

Ken
Jake Raby
Thats DRILL INSTRUCTOR in the Marines- Drill Sargents are in the Army.....

You know the difference when you are at Parris Island S.C. after the first recruit makes the mistake... The entire Platoon pays dearly for it.

But he could endure anything and kick anybody's ass....

Of course he could!Anything less is not acceptable-

Katmanken
Sorry Jake...

Dad was an Air Force lifer.....

So I'm used to AF terms...

Dad kept telling my Uncle to call him when he got into trouble and that he would personally deliver the bombs to the correct spot .... happy11.gif

Old family joke...

Ken
Jake Raby
LOL- No sweat...

Just don't let it happen again!
MoveQik
Give em hell!! flag.gif
Jake Raby
Give em hell!!

I'm sure some Marines will send some to Hell this very day! OOH RAH!
watsonrx13
Semper Fi for my dad (passed away several years ago as a Major) and for my brother, currently stationed at Parris Island S.C., also a Major.....

birthday3.gif flag.gif ar15.gif
airsix
"From the Halls of Monezuma to the shores of Tripoli", no other assembly of men living or dead hold a higher place of honor in my heart. To all Marines past and present, and Veterans of all branches, with bowed head and misty eye I offer my most heartfelt gratitude. If I were asked to select a single image to stand as an emblem of our Nation and heritatage it would be the Marine in dress uniform.

As I watch my children laughing and playing; free, safe, and prosperous; I temble at the thought of the price paid by others for what I now enjoy. I try to always remember that my freedom was not given, or negotiated; It was not aquired by chance or charity. It was won and is kept only by fierce unyielding might. ANYONE who thinks humanity has evolved and is a kinder, wiser, more civilized society where freedom is given and maintained by virtue of pacivity or courtesy is a fool. Freedom is and always will be maintained only by those tenacious fighters who would charge the very gates of Hell with a bucket of water for Freedom's sake. If you have never done so, I encourage you to go to Arlington or one of the 122 OTHER National cemetaries dedicated to our Honoured dead and look over the rolling sea of white markers and remember what they have sacrificed.

To true Heros. flag.gif clap.gif
-Ben M.
effutuo101
agree.gif
Jake Raby
Ben, That sent a chill up this Marine's spine- Excellent post! damn thats some motovation!

I was at Arlington 2 weeks ago, first time I have ever been...

I was absolutely furious when watching the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown some lady would not stop her 5 year old from talking- He needed his chops busted and his ass blistered.

Then there was the guy in the baseball cap that didn't even want to remove it when we approached President Kennedy's grave site- He's lucky that Beth was with me!

What the hell is wrong with these people???? Is it lgnorance, lack of respect or do they just plain not give a damn?

Always remember that one man is much the same as another, and thats he is best who is trained in the severest school.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.