Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Club 914 Shirts for Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Katmanken
Wow!

Lookee here...... nothing like success to bring out the copycats....

errrr.... is that the catcopys....

T-Shirts

Ken
736conver
I believe these have been around longer then the club.
seanery
QUOTE (736conver @ Nov 10 2005, 11:46 AM)
I believe these have been around longer then the club.

that's the story, at least wink.gif
Katmanken
Well, the car in the shirt has almost as many holes as the "rust free" and "straight" cars pictured in the other E-bay ads from the same guys...

Ken
Jake Raby
..30 years of pride and honesty!

I wonder if stromberg.gif now works there?
nomore9one4
QUOTE (kwales @ Nov 10 2005, 08:56 AM)
Well, the car in the shirt has almost as many holes as the "rust free" and "straight" cars pictured in the other E-bay ads from the same guys...

Ken

lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
do the gold chains come standard? or is that an option biggrin.gif
maf914
Long ago I had a white T-shirt with the same cut-away 914 graphic, but with no text. Can't remember where I got it. I wore it out and it went into the rag bag to serve the 914.

I still want a T-shirt with Ya-Roon's 914 club silhouette graphic, like Seanery uses on his caps and hats.
bd1308
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 10 2005, 11:59 AM)
do the gold chains come standard? or is that an option biggrin.gif

if you buy it now, the gold chains are included at no additional cost. Be the coolest kid on your block with the authentic 24k karat chain, featuring the stromberg engine pendant.....

OOOOO AHHHHHH!

also included in the upgrade pack is a pamphlet of the stromberg crate engine...and your entire order will be cryo-treated to ensure good wear quality.

b
db9146
Hey,

I just clicked on the link and found out that Automobile Atlanta (his supplier) has been serving the Porsche community for more than 30 years "with pride and honesty". barf.gif

Aren' there laws about truth in advertising???!!! wacko.gif
Eric Taylor
the audio commentary is a nice touch smile.gif
BMartin914
My favorite part of the ad...

Automobile Atlanta has opened the Porsche Vault !!
Porsche 914s. Everybody loves them. Everybody wants them. The 914 renaissance is underway like nothing ever seen before in history, with home hobbyists worldwide bringing these fabulous drivers back to life. With the parts demand so high and the European exchange rate ridiculous, restoration is becoming very cost prohibitive. That's why the great guys and gals at Automobile Atlanta, 914 World Headquarters, have decided to open their 914 storage facility and get these cars out where they belong, into the restorers garage. Automobile Atlanta and Greg's Porsche Parts will always be here for you, the 914 enthusiast, with the best in parts, detailed technical advice, and of course our mutual love and respect for these fine machines, so don't hesitate to call. Now is the time for all 914 enthusiasts to restore their dream 914 and make it a reality.

Classic. wacko.gif
Jason.H
I knew when I saw my name in the subject it couldn't be good!

Just a little background, the person in the picture and the original one behind those eBay sales is a guy named Greg. AH! Not Mr. Treadway, we had a separate guy that worked here for a short time doing eBay sales only. I have since taken over much of the eBay stuff, but not all of it. That's why you'll see my name in some places and Greg in others. Oh, that's also him in the audio.

That aside, I had to take a trip in the 'way back' machine to find out info on those shirts. I even sat down for a short story from Mr. Hussey. It turns out back in the late 80's when Club Med was 'the place to be' Mr. Hussey joked with his friend that there should be a Club 944. They had a good laugh but Mr. Hussey decided to follow through with it and create a series of shirts.

I crawled through our back room a bit and without digging too deep into the archives I was able to find a little proof of the story. The pictures were taken with a camera nearly as old as the catalogs in the pictures, but you can still clearly see the shirts.

http://www.autoatlanta.net/club924.jpg
http://www.autoatlanta.net/club924cat.jpg

I wasn't able to verify the exact date on this catalog but I'm told it's pre-1997. Some of you that have been in the Porsche market for a while may remember this one.

http://www.autoatlanta.net/clubshirts.jpg

This catalog was stamped in a number of places as being from around 1997. Again, you can clearly see the shirts up for sale.

I hope that clears up a few things and proves that it's a pure coincidence between this club and those shirts.
rhodyguy
i wonder if terry davey recieves any compensation for the use of his copywrited illustration.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.