Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Mallet Solstice...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
The first post 1959 Pontiac I kinda like. A lot.

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

I wonder who it drives...

pete
Aaron Cox
dude. that looks like wild ride. my bro has a mallet performance corvette
nomore9one4
That is one sweet ride. wub.gif
horizontally-opposed
Oh and before I get flamed, I suppose I should add in the 1960s and 70s...

And there was always KITT... wink.gif

pete
Root_Werks
I still think they are too big of a car for me, but I really like the new vettes. driving.gif
Mueller
drooley.gif wub.gif ....I like it...anyone want to buy a 911 and loan me some money??? mueba.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 10 2005, 10:54 AM)
drooley.gif wub.gif ....I like it...anyone want to buy a 911 and loan me some money??? mueba.gif

just make sure its insured before you drive it

poke.gif
Andyrew
How much to the regular cars go for? Cus thats a screaming deal on a new performance car.....

Move over corvette....

Or is that 18k+ baseline car...

Still cheap....
rick 918-S
God, I clicked on that link, and POP! I made that low, quite, gunting sound...uuuuhooo. You know guy's, like when you see a hottie walk past and you kind of leak testosterone.... unsure.gif It's a guy thing.
Mueller
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Nov 10 2005, 11:21 AM)
How much to the regular cars go for? Cus thats a screaming deal on a new performance car.....

Move over corvette....

Still cheap....

i'd like to see some performance numbers and would like to know how well balanced it is with that big 'ol engine....it sure is darn nice.....I'd rather have this car than a 'vette, even if the 'vette is faster or handles better than this one...
Demick
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Nov 10 2005, 11:21 AM)

Move over corvette....

Still cheap....

That's $18K plus the cost of the car.

sean_v8_914
the OG car has 50/50 balance. I guess this might make it a tad nose heavy
Mueller
just more drooling drooley.gif

fiid
This is nice.

I'm interested to see the Saturn Sky when it comes out. Rumour has it it's a front engined version of the elise chassis - ought to be quite special.

Do the Sky, Caddy XLR, and the Solstice share anything under the covers - chassis or something? I'm suspicious.

Demick
Solstace and Sky are the same platform.
JmuRiz
QUOTE (Demick @ Nov 11 2005, 10:51 AM)
Solstace and Sky are the same platform.

agree.gif
There was a thought that they were going to import the Vuxhaul (sp?) to the US as a Saturn, but they decided on a new platform (Pontiac Solstice) to use instead. I think this was due to the new regulations on pedestrian-crash front-ends in europe.
fiid
Yeah - guess you're right (bummer). The solstice weighs in at 2860lbs curb. I'd take the boxster over that I think; although the boxster is much more expensive.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.