Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It passed...and I was in 3rd gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
Even though I am re-doing my *new* 1970 1.7L, it passed smog today in AZ. Didn't even have to do a thing to her!! smilie_pokal.gif

...and for those who responded to my earlier post about "shudder", yes I was in 3rd gear! Duh!! smash.gif

Now that I found 1st gear (grind, grind), it is soooooo much more fun.

boxsterfan
redshift
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Aug 15 2003, 08:48 PM)
...and for those who responded to my earlier post about "shudder", yes I was in 3rd gear! Duh!! smash.gif

Now that I found 1st gear (grind, grind), it is soooooo much more fun.

boxsterfan

WOOHOO!

Don't you feel like a complete idiot? Yeah!

smile.gif

Grind? Grind? Wait! Don't drive for a second!!!!!!!!!
Is your clutch properly adjusted? Let's not destroy a gear, I don't care if you don't!

M
boxsterfan
The grinding is not that bad. Every now and then shifting from 1st to 2nd or from 4th dropping to 3rd grabs just a little. This car probably has original shift linkage bushings, etc... Clutch feels very strong and she pulls nicely in every gear.

All-in-all, she shifts very well. Now I just have to trade in the 328i this weekend for a pickup truck and give my wife the keys to the boxster. sad.gif Then I get to park the truck outside and I get two garage stalls for the 914 rebuild project! 3.2L here I come...

boxsterfan
brant
Is this the colorado car... or am I getting confused?
brant
tryan
a.) our trannys do NOT like to be shifted fast. even when sitting still.
b.) if you got the 1st gear grind, i would do a little cable adjustment and see what you get.
c.) when you are out teening, try to engage first BEFORE you come to a complete stop.

you can donate the 20 to the dave fund, but you should invest in some curb feelers for the wife if you let her drive the boxster. wink.gif

GOT RENNSHIFT?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.