Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power window kit on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
Hi Folks,

Can anyone here give me any good or bad feedback on power window kits for the 914 or in particularly this Seller/Kit? confused24.gif

Ever since my first 914, I have always wanted to add power windows wub.gif (and ac that didn’t take up soo much room or suck the horse power, but that’s another post).

Thanks in advance for the responses (except from that one person with the photos, you know who you are! devil.gif )
beer.gif

And now it’s time for the Dancing Banana Varity Hour clap.gif

rocking nana.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif rocking nana.gif piratenanner.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif piratenanner.gif rocking nana.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif MDB2.gif
markb
Check in the resources section. I think one of our members makes a kit.
Grimstead
Sorry Mark, I forgot the link. This kit is way cheaper than what I've seen before.
bondo
I'd be VERY wary of a power window kit that claimed to work on any car. Ask him if it will work on an MGA. smile.gif

I see alot of cheap looking plastic there... I'd pass.
Markeydoo
$70 not bad. I have a set like that in my 914. Don't expect them to opperate like electric windows of todays cars. Mine work fine but are sssslllloooowww to roll up. But I like them

Mark
Kerrys914
hijacked.gif
I have a window kit with the brackets/relays/switchs..etc and all 100% complete.. If you want it $125 SHIPPED and it's yours

I even think the brackets are attached to the motor and stll arranged to fit my 914's door..

It is just about new. The kit has not been installed just test fitted
type.gif kerrys914@yahoo.com

Let me know if your interested Grimstead or anyone smile.gif
nomore9one4
The 914 is so small you don't need power windows,just a long reach. biggrin.gif
Demick
What I'd like to see is a power window kit that retains the stock handle. But the handle doesn't crank. You just push it lightly one direction and the window goes down - the other direction and the window goes up. No cheesy switches or covers necessary. Completely stock look. Only part I haven't figured out is how to control the passenger side from the drivers seat.
jd74914
QUOTE (Demick @ Nov 11 2005, 01:50 PM)
What I'd like to see is a power window kit that retains the stock handle. But the handle doesn't crank. You just push it lightly one direction and the window goes down - the other direction and the window goes up. No cheesy switches or covers necessary. Completely stock look. Only part I haven't figured out is how to control the passenger side from the drivers seat.

thats what i always wanted. but noone makes those and i don't have a reason to make just one for myself.
McMark
QUOTE (Demick @ Nov 11 2005, 10:50 AM)

put a small switch on there (black on black = invisible). One way controls drivers side the other controls pass side. wink.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Demick @ Nov 11 2005, 11:50 AM)

What happens when someone that doesn't know your car gets in and tries to roll down the window? *crunch*
jd74914
i never thought of that possiblity.
Demick
QUOTE (bondo @ Nov 11 2005, 03:07 PM)

What happens when someone that doesn't know your car gets in and tries to roll down the window? *crunch*

No. The handle would only move about 5 degrees, and then hit a hard stop. No crunch. They might try and roll it down and find that it goes by itself by moving the crank just a little bit (or at least that is how it works in my mind).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.