Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you ever seen this.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
guiltless
Venturi is the maker of an all carbon fibre electric car from France. Now I know what you are saying and I dislike the french as much as the next guy but this really piqued my interest.

The electric motor makes power that is equivilent to 300 hp and 220nm of torque (whatever that works out to). Top speed of 170 Km/hr and a range of around 300km. All this and the charge only takes 3.5 hours to get to full.

Not too shabby. Cool color combos too.
BMartin914
I saw that thing one one of those auto show specials on speedvision.

It's MSRP is supposed to be somewhere around a half million. I guess all of the celebrities in Hollywood want one or have already ordered. screwy.gif
balljoint
I haven't seen it myself, but if you do a bit of searching you will find that it has been done in a 914. smile.gif
davep
Several members have electric 914's. I particular, look for Otmar's dragster.

Otmar
fiid
That's cool. Hating on the french - not cool. The French have come up with some serious automotive tech over the years. Heard of Citroen? First production active suspension system. Invented the chevron gear pattern. Just won the Formula 1 championship. Well up there in the World Rally championship.

It would be nice if the US had a driver in F1 or even had a car in the WRC.
Chris Pincetich
As far as electric 914s - they are dozens.

At a recent drag event in Portland OR an electric car placed 2nd overall - a street legal Datsun conversion with twin DC motors did several 12.2 sec 1/4 mile runs. This car is called "White Zombie"

I've been considering an electric conversion - BUT for now the used gas motor option will get my 914 out of the garage and onto the street for a fraction of the cost.

Too bad the Venturi is an "art" project and not slated for larger scale production because it is a great example of the potential for zero emission vehicles that people will want to drive.

SirAndy
QUOTE (davep @ Nov 11 2005, 10:01 AM)
look for Otmar's dragster.

Otmar

agree.gif i second that, 1000+ ft'lb of torque @ 0 (zero) rpm ! ohmy.gif
sgomes
NEDRA - All electric drag racing smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif screwy.gif

White Zombie
user posted image

user posted image

Bye Bye Viper! (not even close!)
user posted image

...and for the off-roaders in the group....
user posted image

..and there is always one in every crowd
user posted image

sgomes
Oh and I almost forgot!!! Our own Otmar!!!!

Here is a link to some videos. Otmar is the orange 914.

electric drag movies

The second movie on the top row is the best. Otmar pulling a 13.8!!!! Damn! smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif pray.gif aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
Years ago, the Senior Engineering class at Long Beach State, converted a 914 to electric. Anyone know who has it now ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.