Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big deal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Tomorrow, I'm off to do battle with the hoards of Japan (one hoar, actually) for FP AX supremacy.....Orygun Region SCCA.

Here's the set-up:

Gutted out 240Z mit hotrod motor & slicks.....a misguided (car wise) 17year vet of the AX wars.

Semi-street legal 914 with hot rod motor & not slicks....driven by an elderly gent (that would be me)
with about 2-3 years of AX learnin'.

I need to pick up 1.5 sec on this guy to make it interesting. My plan is 3, over my haid, DNFs and one clean run, whippin' him like a dog in the street.

Anybody gots a better plan? confused24.gif
airsix
I need to pick up 1.5 sec on this guy to make it interesting. My plan is 3, over my haid, DNFs and one clean run, whippin' him like a dog in the street.

Anybody gots a better plan?

Reel'im in, JP.
-Ben M.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 15 2003, 09:09 PM)
Tomorrow, I'm off to do battle with the hoards of Japan (one hoar, actually)

Just one plan better......

Don't tell Jean cool_shades.gif bout da udder hoar laugh.gif
bruce
Ps..... good luck & kickass
rhodyguy
tie the toyada to his rear when he's not looking.

kevin
tryan
get some hooters girls to work the corners while the rusty rice cars are making their runs. that should distract them and slow them down when they miss the apex.
Joe Bob
Get pics....we haven't had any hooter pics in a while....
redshift
lmao

M
ChrisReale
Whats the story JP, didga kick butt?
J P Stein
Got my hat handed to me....and my haid was in it.
Wait'll next year rolleyes.gif

It was all pretty even till the 3rd runs.
I started going slower and them other guys kept improving.

I know (again) the car is capable as Mr. Skinner (who drove the ulf for time only) dusted us all by a second or 2.

I get to go play again tomorrow and will enjoy the hell out of it. We also have another ORPCA AX next weekend (the 24th).....practice, practice, practice.....
EdwardBlume
Sorry you didn't dust the 240. Better luck next time! beer.gif
ChrisReale
Whats the detail on the ORPCA AX? Same bat time same bat channel?
J P Stein
Yuppers....except *I'll* be setting up the course boldblue.gif ...he,he
ChrisReale
Well, like so many things here in the NW, I might try to come down, weather permitting
rhodyguy
i"ll see what the wife has planned for me. SUNDAY, i'll write it backwards on my forehead so i remember the correct day.

kevin
Joe Bob
Bet he oversleeps his nap and misses his starting time..... blink.gif
J P Stein
Humph..........
Revisiting the SCCA points standings. Well I'll be stupid blink.gif I won after all. Backed into firstest with 2 third place (out of 3 guys) finishes.....sounds reasonable. rolleyes.gif
Looks like the NASCAR thinking wurks after all.
Brad Roberts
Congrats JP.. I KNEW you could do it. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

B
ChrisReale
Cool. smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
Good Job JP!!
boxstr
JP you are going to need to get a bigger helmet, to get your head into, way to go. Congrats..
CCLINXGAMESX
nine14cats
Congratulations JP! smilie_pokal.gif

Now you just have to post an in-car video of yourself and we can really compete with speedvision....er....we could call it 914club vision!

I love this stuff!

Congrats!

Bill P.
redshift
Righteous!

Need audio of it! =o

M
J P Stein
There's a ORPCA AX next weekend.
I'll set up a in-car video and see what we get....with sound, of course. Last time I didn't get gud noises. I'll move it to the back hoop this next time.
Brad Roberts
When you focus the camera... before the run.... make sure you can see both front fender pods. For people to undestand what the car will be doing.. they need a reference point. I cant count how many BAD videos I have watched.

B
ChrisReale
Not to mention that the venue was super bumpy. I think many people were in danger of getting airborne at the finish line
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 17 2003, 09:07 PM)
I cant count how many BAD videos I have watched.

B

I have another one laugh.gif
Watching it will make you barf.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 18 2003, 05:40 AM)
Well I'll be stupid blink.gif I won after all

Very cool!!!!

Congrats beerchug.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.