Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There should be a water drain hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
While going to the FFC this year we did drive in some rain. I have a GT lid on my car and while at the FFC myself and a few others noticed I had standing water in the hell hole. With Battery & ECU in the way it was hard to find the drain hole to unplug it so I just soaked up the water with a rag.

Fast forward to today while preping the car for winter I removed the battery and move the ECU out of the way to get a better look and there is NO drain hole? There is one on the driver side. There should be one right? I went under the car and I do not see one. Where I think one should be the fuel pump is there, so...... should there be one? My car is 70 model if that matters. I plan to drill a hole anyways but found it odd that there isn't one.
jet1
there should be one right where the engine shelf meets the top of the long.
Midtowner
Maybe it's crusted over. It's there. Or, if you wait long enough, you'll have a larger hole. wacko.gif
RON S.
It should have one.However if the shelf had at anytime been replaced,the repo units don't have the hole pre-drilled.At least mine didn't.i drilled mine.

Ron
bd1308
what were you poking at then at the FFC?

hey i can't say anything...I have a giant drain hole.....

b
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (RON S. @ Nov 11 2005, 09:24 AM)
It should have one.However if the shelf had at anytime been replaced,the repo units don't have the hole pre-drilled.At least mine didn't.i drilled mine.

Ron

I bet that is what it is. Looking in the PO records I see receipt for a new battery tray & support. I guess I need to drill a hole.
Bleyseng
the drain hole is on the left in this pic
GaroldShaffer
Heading out to drill the drain hole, just need to make sure that I don't hit anything under the engine shelf.
SirAndy
QUOTE (jet1 @ Nov 11 2005, 10:19 AM)
there should be one right where the engine shelf meets the top of the long.

agree.gif
watsonrx13
Here's a shot of the drain hole from underneath the engine shelf. This is how I held the bottom section of the engine shelf down while I welded it into place. If you have the engine out, I would recommend drilling from the bottom up.

Also, here's the link to my website showing the installation of the engine shelf.

Eric_Shea
Make sure you drill it from underneath or right where Rob is showing... you don't want to drill straight down from the top as it will simply drain into the long.
McMark
And if your fuel pump is there watch out for it.
Trekkor
When I did mine last year I made a long slot so the water can drain under the engine tray.

KT
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 11 2005, 03:23 PM)
Make sure you drill it from underneath or right where Rob is showing... you don't want to drill straight down from the top as it will simply drain into the long.

Yep, started to do that then stopped. I think I will just pull the fuel pump and do it the right way. sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.