Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the tees
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
any chance for a rerun on that item? late comers missed on that one.

kevin
bernbomb914
which tees?

Bernie confused24.gif
MarkV
Maybe he meant tease. laugh.gif
Bleyseng
No, he means the new "914club" labeled golf tees that Brad ordered.

Geoff
Lawrence
Golf tees? Really? And I missed it?

Shit. mad.gif
seanery
I played the toughest Fing course yesterday!

shot a 66 on the FRONT 9! ohmy.gif

The back played easier or I got used to it, but man it was insane!
The greens were like putt-putt courses with all the undulations. If you didn't hit the green you
were f'd. Most of them were island greens surrounded by sand or on a plateau.
The fairways were narrow and the rough was like you would see at an old Scottish links course, very deep, thick and tall!

Oh, but the fringe was nice! blink.gif
Lawrence
That's how I normally play. Last time I was on a golf course, Pam kicked my ass all over the course - and we hit off the same tees.
rhodyguy
no, no, no. geoff had one on when i was at his house. that one. golf sucks.

kevin
Pnambic
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 17 2003, 08:42 AM)
I played the toughest Fing course yesterday!

What course?
I hate those greens you seem to see in Indiana so often where its like putting on marble. (can you say Sahm Park?) A couple weeks ago, I played the nicest $25 dollar course I've ever seen, but it was in TN....Henry Horton state park or something. Only $25 and that included the cart!

We oughta hit the links together sometime. I get outa work at 3:30 most every day so my afternoons are pretty available.
(and you get after-4 discounts at most courses boldblue.gif )
seanery
It was Hickory Stick down in Greenwood.
It got 3 stars at indygolf.com.

It's tough!
rhodyguy
talking about golf sucks.

kevin
Lawrence
talking about golf sucks.

Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! Golf! w00t.gif
Qarl
I don't play.. but Florida has the highest concentration of golf courses anywhere I think. Come to Florida and golf away.

My new house will be in an exclusive golf community. I don't golf. Golf priviledges require a $60K initiation fee, plus $15K a year, plus food minimum at the club. No thank you. Interesting neighbors though... Anika Sorenstam and Nick Faldo live there.

Luckily I fish and do shotgun sport so I can integrate with some of the gentleman of the neighborhood. There are a few NASCAR, Porsche, and European GT racecar drivers that live there too. Now THOSE are the guys I gotta get to know!
Bleyseng
For $60k you could buy a new conversion Karl instead of a golf memership.
Kevin, as for the tee shirts I guess we are still working on them. The lack of funds hurts the club projects. Next project is more stickers I think as the last 150 lasted about 1 month.

Geoff
rhodyguy
thinking about golf sucks. now this thread sucks. i'll call you geoff.

kevin
"so what else do think highly of kevin?"
tryan
i don't play golf, but i do have a therory. people that play golf wear glasses or contacts.

hotter than damit. knats eatting you alive from inside your ears outward. you have a friend that is way better than you even though you practice all the time.( and he drinks a beer per hole.)

you go out and play to relieve stress and all it does is piss you off because you shot an 80 something. rolleyes.gif

i'd rather be water skiing. thank you

the first and only time i got talked into playing, i almost nailed some guy in the head in the parking lot right off the first tee. i don't play for your safety.
Lawrence
That sounds like prepping a car for a Ramble.

Work your ass off, pour all your money, blood, sweat and tears into it, all because it's supposed to be fun.

Then you show up, and there is always a person who nit-picks your car to death. Mostly, these are the guys who PAY to have someone else do everything, and don't have the balls to pick up a welding machine or a spray gun.

Golf is looking better and better... but I don't wear glasses or contacts.

-Rusty smoke.gif
(golf)
Pnambic
Well Seanery? Feel up to it again? They have a special running on Tuesdays.
Part Pricer
I used to play golf almost every day. Well, at least six days a week in season. It can be extremely frustrating and is rarely satisfying. And, it is probably a more expensive pastime then owning a 914.

Playing a round of golf, you get a good feeling inside a few times. Driving my 914, I'm always happy and smiling. MDB2.gif
seanery
I told my buddies that I would never play there again!

I don't have wheels right now, so I'm pretty much stuck here til I get this ordeal sorted out!
tryan
damn lawrence. you blew my therory. i was going to get a 100k government grant on that one.
Lawrence
I'll hush up about that... or maybe get some BCGs to wear during your study.

Apply for your grant, dude!
Bleyseng
Kevin, you mean one of these rare shirts?? Only made two of them and Brad has the other one. Don't know if he ever wears it, hell it might be in the rag pile for all I know!
Qarl
I would LOVE 3 or 4 of those shirts (oops almost left the 'r' out). Pretty please... someone make them!

Karl
Brad Roberts
I wore it a few week ago for the James Adams (Rennshift dinner).

B
Bleyseng
I'll see if I can get a quick run of shirts made in VERY limited numbers, say maybe 10.
First 10 to post their order after this post will get them
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Get the money first. Dont finance them.

B
Bleyseng
They will have to paypal me,

What happened to that shirt I gave you, dude?
Lawrence
Don't forget the PayPal charges (that you sucked off your end of the transfer) and enough for shipping. I had to eat part of the 914-6 shirts, because I didn't calculate well.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Oh that one I know, but on the bags I have broken even with a number left for sale or prizes later.
Brad Roberts
I just posted that I wore it a few weeks ago... its in the laundry right now if you want to know EXACTLY where it is...LOL

B
Bleyseng
Just haven't seen you in a pic yet in it......sitting in a 914/6 GT clone.
Brad Roberts
Nobody brought a digital camera to the dinner that night..

I try to stay out of pictures.. that way people dont recognize me and bombard me with questions at events.

B
Lawrence
Hell, I've met you several times, and still don't recognize you at events. lol3.gif
Pnambic
So the different colored hair isn't a give-away? laugh.gif
Bleyseng
That's why you try to hide behind bleached or dyed hair? lol Everybody points you out anyway.......There he is!!!!! Get him!!!

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Only when I'm selling parts...LOL

B
Qarl
I claim 4 shirts! Sent Bleyseng a PM!

Ha!
1974porsche914
I would like 1 or 2 shirts as well.
Let me know.

Thanks,
Greg
Lawrence
golf
tryan
posting for paypal amount.
bernbomb914
Bleyseng If you send me the patterns of the shirt pics I will see What I can Get them Made for. There is a tee shirt co here in Temecula That I got prices for Brad some time ago. They were very reasonable and can do many colors. Also I would like my tee to have the pic on the back with the 914 club name over the pocket on the front. They also can do polo shirts.

Bernie driving.gif
Bleyseng
I could put they are Seanery's designs. PM him as he does have them in PS which is the correct way to print from.

Geoff
bernbomb914
OK

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.