Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Welding Helmets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I just picked up my $280 Optrel Satellite welding helmet today and have completed my first few welds.

OH

MY

GOODNESS

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

This thing is worth every single penny. I know it's expensive for a hobbyist, and I would never have bought it if I didn't weld pretty much every day. But if you're a person who just wants the best, this is highly recommended. The controls are nice and clear, the headband is comfortable, and the lightened image is really easy to see and the darkened image is nice and even. I've had problems with other auto-darkening helmets being "splochy" where some parts of the screen seems darker than other parts. This one isn't like that. I can clearly see my weld puddle and my welding is even improved because I can really see what I'm doing. One of those situations where I didn't realize how bad things were with the other helmets.

I'm excited, so I just had to share. boldblue.gif welder.gif
sixnotfour
agree.gif
I bought a 300.00 helmet 8 years ago, and never looked back, welder.gif

And mine is heavy by todays standards, but has held up well.
Welded the first 50 " Coinstar" machine frames with it. (they count your change and give you a credit slip and of course take a percentage.)
Great Purchase beerchug.gif
LvSteveH
I love my Optrel wub.gif fairly tough too, the only complaint I have is that the lens covers are unique, thus $$$ Not a big deal for a hobbiest, but when I was using it every day, kinda expensive. If you only do sheet metal, it wouldn't need to be replaced very often at all. At 200+ amps, every couple days.
Trekkor
clap.gif

Way to go!

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.