Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good morning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
you're going to love the price spike for gas when you fill up this am. t.s.

kevin
EdwardBlume
We're used to it. Anytime there's an event at a refinery / world conditions / tanker wreck / golf appt - we get the spike. mad.gif
my15window
I abuot crapped my pants, it went up almost 20 cents in one day yo 190 a gallon fighting19.gif
seanery
we get that EVERY thursday here.

It's called "SCEW THE WEEKEND TRAVELER" then on late Sunday night they go back to almost what they were on Wednesday night. Then Thursday you get screwed again!
tryan
some sent an email about a year ago trying to get EVERYONE to boycot exxon/mobil until they had no option but to lower their price. that would work in theory.

another post on the pp board about the same time stated that sunoco did not use mideast oil. does anybody know if this is true?
ManofBronze
QUOTE(tryan @ Aug 16 2003, 06:49 AM)
another post on the pp board about the same time stated that sunoco did not use mideast oil. does anybody know if this is true?

I doubt if this is strictly true, at least all the time. Refineries are generally setup to process specific types of crude. For example, some of the West Coast refineries are optimized for North Slope crude. Others can handle the heavy oil from the Bakersfield area. There is some flexibility, but the product mix changes with the feed crude. So I would guess that some (or all) Sunoco refineries may not process Mideast crude, but the oil companies trade crude and refined products all the time. The statement may be literally true, but not of much real consequence.
Mike Pearson
We'll be headed down to Tacoma after the swap meet this morning for an orchid judging event...and my usual gas station just had their prices go up, again.

Nice to meet you, and the bumper pad looks great.

I also found and bought a nice set of newly-refinished seat adjuster rails.

I guess I'll be ready to sit in the car, adjust the seat, and back into stuff again soon!

Never did see the box-o-grenades, though .
Brad Roberts
So.. can anyone tell me why I'm paying 2.10 a gallon for regular ??

I read CNN/Yahoo... but havent heard anything... just fealt it in the wallet.

B
MarkV
Ouuch. w00t.gif

I was was paying $1.43 at Costco last week, now it's $1.59.
Brad Roberts
I watched it go up .08 overnight (Thurs-Fri.)

B
MarkV
My driver is a 98 4x4 Suburban that holds 42 gallons. Going to have to sell it & by a friggin Honda. NOT
seanery
I just paid 1.68 when I had been paying 1.39 ! FUCK ME!!!
Bleyseng
Missed meeting you Mike, the grenades were stashed in my truck first thing! I was helping Kevin sell at his 2 tables of parts mostly.

Geoff
vortrex
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 16 2003, 10:57 AM)
So.. can anyone tell me why I'm paying 2.10 a gallon for regular ??

I read CNN/Yahoo... but havent heard anything... just fealt it in the wallet.

B

remember that power outage??

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hon_refinery_dc

I am sure there are many others too...
Mike Pearson
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 16 2003, 05:08 PM)
Missed meeting you Mike, the grenades were stashed in my truck first thing! I was helping Kevin sell at his 2 tables of parts mostly.

Geoff

Probably saw you and it didn't click. We were there early...about 8:15 the first time, ran back home to get my checkbook, came back and got the bumper from Kevin and the seat rail from Dave. We basically made two passes around the lot. If you saw us you'd recognize us...6', 220 lb guy with (mostly grey) ponytail and beard, wearing all black (OK, that was probably what...20% of the crowd?) My wife is 5'2", Chinese, and was carrying around a rear bumper rubber that was taller than she was.

I'll probably wind up running into you at another thing sometime soon.

BTW, special thanks to Dave, for splitting the pair of seat adjuster rails! I have a '70, so there's only one adjustable seat...Hope you found a buyer for the other one. They look great, finished the way they are.
URY914
Reg is $1.49 here. A little cheaper if you look around.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.