Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Persistent Tranny Leak-Tailshifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
The small plate on the bottom of the tranny case at the far rear was leaking. Dripped a lot while just sitting. Removed the plate (held by 4 nuts) and replaced the paper gasket with a new one from Porsche. The plate seemed clean and straight. Used a little aviation Permatex sealer. It leaks just as bad as before. Seems to be from around the studs/nuts. I have a blue Swepco puddle after a few days. Anyone know if there should be some compression washers? Any other ideas/experieces?
Rider914
mine leaks from where the shifter shaft goes in just above that little plate. at first I thought it was the plate, it pools on the four bolts.
Porsche Rescue
Interesting, guess I better look more closely. The four studs all have drips hanging from them. Never thought to look elsewhere. Thanks
Always Looking
i think mines from the plate too. Have you got a part no. for the paper gasket? What do people think about cutting a new gasket from ?? Cork?
914GT
I don't know anything about this, but possibly the threaded holes for the studs are open to oil on the inside. This means removing the studs and applying sealant to the threads.
Porsche Rescue
Gasket # is: 914 301 391 00
Plate 914 301 313 00
Washers 999 025 108 02

No indication whether or not the washers are anything special
J P Stein
So put some aluminum crush washers on it & try again.
You could also do some "forma gasket" goop on there....just get it clean first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.