Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Da Beast be stripped!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron Cox
began stripping evrything off car, to prepare for paint and body work on monday, smile.gif

and... what to do with a motor, on a wheel-less pallet unsure.gif
user posted image
trans be leakin....
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
fender to be cut off. and a new one to be welded on smile.gif
user posted image

and last but not least.... moving a pallet.....on the motor sled smile.gif
user posted image
stolen pallet....

all bundled up for the night. hope no one shows with a forklift ohmy.gif
user posted image

tomorrow... finish pulling everything...chase a trailer. go to coin car wash and hose out engine bay....and motor
bottomend
man, you work FAST! how long di it take you to get this far? How many helpers? gotta love the McDonalds ( could be Jack in the Crack) bag in the background.... Looks like it was probably a plesent but full day, huh? Full jug of gojo too. Smart.
Trekkor
that's exciting boldblue.gif

What color?

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bottomend @ Nov 11 2005, 08:40 PM)
man, you work FAST! how long di it take you to get this far? How many helpers? gotta love the McDonalds ( could be Jack in the Crack) bag in the background.... Looks like it was probably a plesent but full day, huh? Full jug of gojo too. Smart.

motor out in 1 hr by me...all alone. all my helpers are asleep at 8 AM.

my buddy matt (BMW 2002 matt) came up and helped me mask off harnesses, pull gas tank, bumpers etc.

went to town man.... got a ton done. need to mask oil lines/fuel lines/ remove some ducting upfront.

strip a new rear decklid, go chase a front hood....

take to coin op car wash and hose the shit out of engine bay....

while the motor is out...
bump up C/R by removing the stupid head gaskets that i didnt know about from 3 years ago....
machine 1.7 rockers to utilize 911 swivel feet.....
solid rocker spacers.
valvetrain geometry
solid motor mounts.....
-rejet carbs- if money allows
SSI heat exchangers....
short geared trans goes in

god. my head hurts thinking about it.
GWN7
Did you get that $18 a gal paint from Mike yet? biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Nov 11 2005, 08:57 PM)
Did you get that $18 a gal paint from Mike yet? biggrin.gif

har har har tongue.gif

all black.

orange/black bumpers

a narrow body version of this, and with cibie oscar 7" rally lights down in the bumper
greenie
An exciting time for you I bet !

I'm sure you are very popular with the neighbors. It's probably a good thing you did it an hour!

You are really on the way to a very nice car.

I love the green ( still time to reconsider)

Greenie
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (greenie @ Nov 11 2005, 09:05 PM)
An exciting time for you I bet !

I'm sure you are very popular with the neighbors. It's probably a good thing you did it an hour!

You are really on the way to a very nice car.

I love the green ( still time to reconsider)

Greenie

zambezi was a great color. wish the PO didnt do a black respray.

neighbors love me indeed. they even come over and help sometimes smile.gif
Always Looking
Good job beer.gif Where you going for paint / bodywork? idea.gif Did you get a good deal?
Would love to do the same, but ...

How long do you figure you'll be out of a car? If you feel the need to wrench, you can come over. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Always Looking @ Nov 11 2005, 09:10 PM)
Good job beer.gif Where you going for paint / bodywork? idea.gif Did you get a good deal?
Would love to do the same, but ...

How long do you figure you'll be out of a car? If you feel the need to wrench, you can come over. wink.gif

will wrench for trailer dan smile.gif

i may be in the orange curtain tomorrow, might be able to swing by for a hello smile.gif

2 more days to go.

please do not call the EPA on my mini-exxon valdez oil spill
user posted image
type47fan
AA,

Great job!

Hope you cleaned up your car's "blood" left in the gutter after your surgery!

When do you get the finished product back?
Aaron Cox
i did....after that pic. kitty litter and degreaser smile.gif
Always Looking
This weekend I'm building a Santa House for a x-mas party smash.gif No source on the trailer - sorry. I got mine from Uhaul $50a per day no mileage. Do you have a tow vehicle? If it's not too far, I've got an Explorer with receiver. beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
steal my dad's nissan titan.

gotta make some calls on the trailer still.
greenie
one more thing....

After the paint job you can focus the camera. smile.gif

( I don't know how to post the home page photo)

Greenie
skline
You were a little late to get the trailer I use, someone else already called me the beginning of the week and asked if he could use it for a few days this next week. Otherwise you could have used it. Its the one I hauled mine on for the WCC and the one we cut up a few cars on. Good work on the car Aaron, looks like you will finally get it the way you want it.

J P Stein
YPAF biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Nov 11 2005, 09:34 PM)
You were a little late to get the trailer I use, someone else already called me the beginning of the week and asked if he could use it for a few days this next week. Otherwise you could have used it. Its the one I hauled mine on for the WCC and the one we cut up a few cars on. Good work on the car Aaron, looks like you will finally get it the way you want it.

damn. was just about to pick up the phone and call you scott sad.gif

can it be persuaded from them? :glimmerofhopesmiley: ?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 11 2005, 09:36 PM)
YPAF biggrin.gif

i thought ugly porsches were faster? biggrin.gif
skline
PM sent
J P Stein
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 11 2005, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 11 2005, 09:36 PM)
YPAF biggrin.gif

i thought ugly porsches were faster? biggrin.gif

But I wub.gif black 914s.
xitspd
ohmy.gif Aaron,

Wow! Way to go.... I have a new 24 foot enclosed aluminum trailer you can use, if you have something to pull it with. I has the works, tools, generator, compressor and air conditioning, let me know if you need it.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (xitspd @ Nov 11 2005, 09:43 PM)
ohmy.gif Aaron,

Wow! Way to go.... I have a new 24 foot enclosed aluminum trailer you can use it you have something to pull it with. I has the works, tools, generator, compressor and air conditioning, let me know if you need it.

thanks a ton dan, i think skline has me hooked up wub.gif biggrin.gif

914 club rocks. thanks guys
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Way to go dude.

Can't wait to see the finished product...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 11 2005, 10:09 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif Way to go dude.

Can't wait to see the finished product...

im stoked.... cant wait.

cant wait to have nothing to do to the car....sounds pretty boring.

BTW - i think i have the longest car related blog wacko.gif
brant
cool Aaron.
good work!

i'm excited to see it!

brant
Brando
Give me a call tomorrow and I can bring my pressure washer.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 12 2005, 07:36 PM)

will do dude. i was gonna take it to the coin op carwash and degrease it.

car is on a trailer thanks to SKLINE smilie_pokal.gif thanks again dude. smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 11 2005, 09:11 PM)

BTW - i think i have the longest car related blog wacko.gif

You have a Blog?

What's that?

smoke.gif
TINCAN914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Go Aaron, Go Aaron piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Aaron Cox
about 70 percent stripped....

tomorrow is gonna suck smile.gif

used the motor sled technology and moved the paletized motor and trans to my dads office's warehouse.....where motor work will be done.

al ready (sans straps) to go to the car wash smile.gif
user posted image
Allan
So you're gonna be out of commision for what? 3 - 4 months?

Ya gotta help me change my suspension...
Grimstead
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 12 2005, 06:36 PM)

No No No No...... Please do not do any of that in or around your driveway, ask me how I know headbang.gif

The car wash off of sixth (by the new Save-on/Wallgreen) doesn't have a security gaurd (or so I have been told).
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Nov 12 2005, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 12 2005, 06:36 PM)

No No No No...... Please do not do any of that in or around your driveway, ask me how I know headbang.gif

The car wash off of sixth (by the new Save-on/Wallgreen) doesn't have a security gaurd (or so I have been told).

ironically thats where i was headed. roll the car off the trailer smile.gif

used to do mindnight carwashes after taking my dad's truck up skyline smile.gif
Brando
You can do it in your driveway.

But FIRST, apply a thin layer of Tide laundry detergent to the concrete. Scrub a bit with a broom.

That'll stop any oil from further seeping. Also good for oil spills (mr. Exxon Valdez).
bottomend
How high are you going on the CR? Will you cam allow 9.0/1 or higher?

This is gonna be one sweet ide when you'e finished. I think you're taking the coect appoach by just diveing in ane getting it done in one massive shot ather than dagging it out ove months and months.

I bought a furniture dolly fom Habor Freight to haul the engine around on. that was the best $16 I ever spent! ( although I like the sled idea. Very pimative actually. I bet it sounded nice too!
Aaron Cox
some choad is borrowing my dolly.

pallet is fine.

gonna work on the motor in the next month. juggle it around school, and nail it on winterbreak.

right now its about 8:1. i have no idea what the cam allows. its a big cam.....we will see. you are welcome to come down and join the madness jeff smile.gif

dropped 2 sets of 1.7 rockers off with twystd1 to be machined for 911 adjusters.

then valvetrain geometry....

skline
You should have said somthing while you were here, I have a spare dolly sitting here in the garage you could have taken it with you.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Nov 12 2005, 10:07 PM)
You should have said somthing while you were here, I have a spare dolly sitting here in the garage you could have taken it with you.

its all good friend. thanks again for the trailer smile.gif
effutuo101
I like the black! I look forward to seeing it..hmm, maybe on winter break. I have a trip planned to go see grandparents, mom in-law and stuff. I might be able to salvage a couple of hours and do some 914 stuff. I will let you know as time gets closer.
Markeydoo
Aaron
Nice work. I have a lift table I used to install my 6 and it worked great. I also have 2 moving dollys. Let me know. I am working in Brea all week. If you need it I can put it in my car.
Mark
Aaron Cox
thanks mark. no immediate need right now, but maybe in a week or so.

thanks guys....

gotta finish gettin it stripped...
pete-stevers
I am can't wait for more pics Aaron keep em rolling biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Nov 13 2005, 11:14 AM)
I am can't wait for more pics Aaron keep em rolling biggrin.gif

brando/grimstead are coming over to help finish, and to take to the coin op car wash for the engine bay smile.gif

more pics later guys smile.gif

to work i go...hi ho...hi ho...
DrifterJay
beer.gif
Andyrew
Way to go!!!

Your about 2 months ahead of me!

Like your color scheme...

Mine will be reverse.. (phoenix body, black trim/acc)
Aaron Cox
what a day. HUGE THANKS to Bill Grimstead (GRIMSTEAD) for stepping up and coming over. he is the TAR MASTER along with an excellent helper. Honored to call bill my friend.

So we (BILL) got all the tar paper off the floorboards with Bills heat gun and wicked scraper.
took out doorhandles, all cab seals, rear window etc. bill trocks the house!!!

bill then had to go...

my buddy matt (BMW matt) came up and helped me mask off the front trunk. its ready to rock!

then we went to the coin-op car wash and degreased the engine bay. they hate us there!

Bill the terminator!
user posted image
the result....(gonna clan it up with brake cleaner)
user posted image

tried stripping a decklid...
user posted image

ready to rock!!
user posted image

where do all the parts go????? screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
into the MOBIL PARTS STORAGE
user posted image
user posted image
markb
If you had problems with the stripper, it's because you're supposed to put it on going in only one direction, and not to go over it once it's on the panel. I have no idea why, but that's what the directions say, and it works better their way. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (markb @ Nov 13 2005, 08:52 PM)
If you had problems with the stripper, it's because you're supposed to put it on going in only one direction, and not to go over it once it's on the panel. I have no idea why, but that's what the directions say, and it works better their way. biggrin.gif

decided it was too much work. kept the original lid thats on the car. straight and fits great..... just cracked paint
TonyAKAVW
Looking very nice! that interior stripping job is a pain, but its worth it.

Can't wait to see the results of the body work and paint. I'm sure it will come out awesome.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.