Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear panel painted black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I was just wondering if our cars ever came from the factory with the rear panel (where the trunk lock is) painted black or another color?
Aaron Cox
if you ordered a black car, that panel is black smile.gif

ive seen it done before. not factory, but doesnt look toooo bad.
SGB
Looks goodon that gold car. I had never seen it done on another 914, but previous cars I've owned were like that and I liked it so I replicated it on my (not painted a stock color anyway) 914...
airsix
At least one of the 916 prototypes had that panel painted black. I think that's where the idea started.
-Ben M.
jonwatts
Like this?

user posted image
ClayPerrine
I don't have a picture of it, but Lawrence's six has that panel painted black. I like it. I almost did it on my car, but thought it would look silly with the rest of the car painted red.

nomore9one4
I like the black too. Ford in the early mustang,maverick,pinto days had that area black. biggrin.gif
blitZ
SGB

What exhaust do you have on your car?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (blitZ @ Nov 12 2005, 08:07 AM)
SGB

What exhaust do you have on your car?

looks like a bursch
SGB
yep, bursch muffler/ extractor that I cleaned and painted with high temp silver paint. It used to be black, which was a little more subdued. The back sits a couple of inches lower now, so not as much of the pipes show. I also painted the muffler red, but no one can see it.
jgara962
PO painted the panel on my car black. I think it looks pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.