Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever Heard of I/O Port
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
They've got a 914 with what looks like a want-to-be sheridan bodykit on the cover for fall 05.

I'm particularly interested in their harness bar. What's the word on their products? Decently priced for harnesses and such so far.
DanT
Good folks. Ken, the owner used to race a 914, I believe.
I believe they generally have good prices on most items. I have bought several harness sets from them over the years. I will tell you right now that Ken, in the past, has not been a personal proponent of harness bars in 914s. He prefers the harnesses to be bolted to the firewall. But maybe he has changed his opinions, I am speaking of several years back. He has been a supporter of the Zone 7 area of the PCA for years.
You do mean www.ioportracing.com correct?

Hope this helps
Brando
that is correct Dan smile.gif

I thought the idea behind a harness bar was to keep the straps at shoulder-level (not mount them to the bar). So in case of an impact you're held firmly back instead of pulled downwards to the floorboards or submarining into the groinstraps.
Joe Ricard
I bought my tire pyrometer from them. good prices and promt shipping. even have instant confirmation of order to your email. and I got 2 stickers clap.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif Bought my first roll bar(Porsche 914) from them. Great service and price..........
J P Stein
I bought my roll cage from them. No complaints here.
They did what they said they'd do in a timely manner.
Aaron Cox
brandholio - i may want a harness bar, or a roll bar/hoop from them.
9146R
Ken is very nice fellow, honest. His office used to be out of his home 10 minutes from me. Bot lots of stuff from him. Never a problem dealing with him.

Greg
campbellcj
I have their video camera mount (installed) and a seat-back brace (not yet installed) and both are well-engineered products, which arrived promptly w/o any hassles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.