Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best engine rebuild kits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
YksKrad
Okay, first things first, I'm on a budget that is basically non existent, so I need to know where toget the best rebuild kit for my buck.

Stock rebuild on a 76' carbed 2.0...

I'm basically look for valves, springs, rings, seals, and bearings as cheap as possible... Also are there any types of sealants that wouldn't be found in a rebuild shop that I might need?
gregrobbins
I'm on a budget that is basically non existent

If your budget is really that tight, try to find a running motor and use it until you have the bucks to do it right. Otherwise look in the classisfied sections here, on The Samba, and Pelican Parts.
Verruckt
The one thing I have found with these cars, is that "tight budget" and "best" are 110% incompatible.

It's one or the other.
Bleyseng
Cheap valves? you can use Stainless steel valves BUT the seats and guides need to be replaced by a PRO. The valve seats tend to fall out if not done properly and witha few tricks.
A cheapo rebuild shop can and will crack and or ruin a set of 2.0l heads as they are fragile when installing new guides. Most 2.0l heads suffer from cracks from the spark plug hole to the valve seats and it needs to be drilled out and welded up. Len at HAM or Adrian at Headflowmasters are the shops I would recommend for headwork.

bearings and rings and all can be had from Jake's store, PP, GPR etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.