Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: header design for 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
94teener2

Anybody know what the correct tube dia. and length would be for headers for a 1.7 used for club racing. Got the tools, got the time and a low budget.

Better yet, any solidworks files out there.

thanks
andy
Mueller
most use 1 1/2" diameter tubing...chances of someone having a CAD file is pretty darn slim.....

you should be able to reverse engineer it just by looking at pictures and scaling it up.....with a motor in front of you, you already have known dimensions to start off with.

here is European Racing header (minus the stub pipes)

user posted image
Triaddave
i have built many headers. it may not be as easy as it looks. to get the nice, clean bends in the pipe, i use a mandrel bender. to do that, you need a pattern to get the proper angles. i also have the flanges laser cut from 5/16 steel. i have a jig to asure a proper fit to the car. bolt the flanges tight as well as the pipe to make sure nothing moves when you put the welds to it. good luck...
Mueller
have you watched Rn Covells video on tube fabrication?

pretty darn neat, I have/had a copy someplace, just watched it a few months ago...

metal working videos to buy

this site has it for rent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.