Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rewiring fresh air blower
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
Would it be possible to rewire the fresh air fan speeds to just a simple 3 way switch ?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Hammy @ Nov 12 2005, 11:12 AM)
Would it be possible to rewire the fresh air fan speeds to just a simple 3 way switch ?

why?

pull the heater control unit in the dash and clean the contacts.

dont put a ghetto switch on your dash please dry.gif
McMark
There are four wires that connect to the back of the dash sliders. One ground, and one for each speed. So yes, it would be easy. Is the stock switch not working? Also, you'll still have to slide the top slider. The slider mechanically opens some flappers, as well as contacting the switch wires, so just turning on the fan won't particularly help if the flappers are closed.
Hammy
QUOTE (McMark @ Nov 12 2005, 11:16 AM)
The slider mechanically opens some flappers, as well as contacting the switch wires, so just turning on the fan won't particularly help if the flappers are closed.

That's what I was worried about. Screw it......
The slider switch does work, but it's kinda gummy and hard to push over while driving. Same thing with the other two. They're real hard to push and don't go fully to either side. confused24.gif
McMark
Possibly one of the cables is kinked, or the whole shebang needs to be pulled out and cleaned. wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Hammy @ Nov 12 2005, 11:33 AM)
it's kinda gummy and hard to push

well, then clean it! rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
Hammy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 12 2005, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (Hammy @ Nov 12 2005, 11:33 AM)
it's kinda gummy and hard to push

well, then clean it! rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif Andy

Well I KNOW it's in the cables, the last time I pulled the heater control out was plain HELL. Reattaching those little cables (semi) correctly was a bitch. Now they jam up a bitch and it's all screwed.. But I don't think I want to mess with it ever again.... sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Hammy @ Nov 12 2005, 12:53 PM)
But I don't think I want to mess with it ever again.... sad.gif

can you move the heater flaps by hand in the front trunk? maybe the hinges/pivots just need some WD40 ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.