Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need location on my Rear Fog Lamp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Help needed from the 914 CW experts for my winter project. I now have (1) new one and (1) mint used one to install purchased through our classfieds.

There was a recent post where to locate the factory 914 Rear Fog Lamp. I need to confirm before I cut a hole in the sheet metal. I found out the factory mounting bracket part # 914-631-161-10 item #86 is not available from Porsche. I was able to get part # 914-631-162-10 out of Porsche, Germany item #87. I now need help to find bracket #86 if anyone has one or make one. Anyone have one to sell???

Here is a picture of the Bracket I need #86 #914-631-162-10 and where to install on my rear end.

Tom
TJB/914
Here's where I think it's mounted, because the base #87 seems to fit perfect.

Help before I cut holes.

Tom
TJB/914
More info.

When I purchased this NOS Rear Fog Lamp it had a bracket included. I can't figure out where or how it's mounted. I am back to finding the correct factory bracket #86 in the original post.

Tom
meares
looks like it hangs down....try george at AA.....i want to install one as well.......so i'll keep a eye out for the topic...... if i talk george soon, i'll pm you! beerchug.gif
TJB/914
Meares,

I found the old post from mid Oct. Aaron Cox posted this picture and I believe it's the factory correct location (thanks Aaron).

Now just need to find the my missing bracket part #86. Anyone got one. I'll pay your price??? Money talks, bullshit walks.

Tom
East coaster
Here's how my '71 was as it came from Germany..............

Aaron Cox
just a pic i found....

not mine to take credit for wink.gif

lookin good. i like em... where and how much?
914Sixer
Tom,
The bracket you have goes on the inside. The bracket you are missing is on the outside. The bracket on the light is for the below the bumper mount on a early 911.
I hope this helps.

I will have to look around but I may have the rubber groment that goes in the body when you drill the hole to pull wire through.
TJB/914
Hi Mark,

You are right on. I placed the base piece on the inside and it fits perfectly. With that base metal bracket in place it's a no brainer to drill holes. Great info. (see pic).

Now I need that #87 bracket for the outside mount.

Tom
BTW
I recently bought some 914 stuff from Mark & he is a real great guy to do business with. You Texas guys have a great guy in Mark. I understand he has a bldg. full of 914 parts (no junk). I think he also has a 914-6?? Big thank-you Mark & let me know about that rubber groment.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.