Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long to do a rebuild??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I was watching Trucks TV today and they were showing project Coperhead. The host was talking about the average guy rebuilding his own car or truck and said it takes around 4 years. Just wondering how long some of our member rebuilds have been in work welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif or took untill the big drive driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Im into mine for a year and a half but changed directions last Thanksgiving alien_2.gif assimilate.gif alien.gif
J P Stein
Till your done.... biggrin.gif
It took me 6-8 months to do my 2.7L....it was a stop & go deal.
Rebuilding the whole car has been 8-9 years & counting laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
Larry,
Mine has been in progress 5 years. I just got it to drivable status. I figure another year to get all the little stuff working (like A/C!).

I lost about 9 months in that time frame to a move to a new house.

Hope yours is shorter.

tracks914
17 months 27 days from the day I pulled the battery to the day I insured and drove it. Check out my link below, there was alot of work involved and almost one marriage. headbang.gif (just kidding Louise wub.gif )
I did the tranny the following winter but everything else was done in 2 winters and one summer.
carr914
2 rebuilds on the same 914 (now 914-6) in 11 years. The last one took 1 year, even though it seemed longer-hell I think 500 hurricanes went by in that time. I bought my Carrera Lightweight project last December. I figure at least 2 more years on it. It would be less time if I didn't already have my Six done.

T.C.
Katmanken
With everything ready and measured and laid out, prolly about 8 hours..... I learned from a coupla racers that could do one in an evening.....

For me, about a week if I have time....

Last type IV was about 4 months from a drop.. Cleaning, preping, measuring, ordering, replacing guides and a few other time consumers.....

Ken
jd74914
My dad did a complete 914 rebuild in 3 days (everything except paint), but it didn't look or work that great (but it was driveable) so he ended up taking it apart while he was driving it and fixing everything again. laugh.gif

I'm running on 2 years, but I have only been seriously working for the past 3 months as the car was previously stored away from my house. I'm hoping to have mine finished by this May. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
going on 4 years.

maybe a SIX by 8years
JB 914
you mean i have to actually finish it?

I can't afford to do that, because my next project is a boat smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.