Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New member to the family
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
well, after staring at the car for about two years, we finally bought it. It runs, but definetly has electrical problems. It is a Bradley GT, and was a kit in the 70's. Mounted over a VW... not sure which one.... looks, good, and the interior is good..... found some stuff that didn't please me though..... in some pics from the restoration in 2001, there were pics of the carpets out, and the floors looked like swiss cheese... well, i go and start pulling out some of the carpet today, and find rust holes.... i think they just redid the interior, and coupletly ignored the rust.... i'll get some more pics in the morning...
grasshopper
bjihd
grasshopper
last for now
grasshopper
oh yea, yes...those are mustang wheels barf.gif the PO modified the hubs for mustang wheels.... huh.gif
jd74914
thats my second favorite kit car (after the 550 kits) and i've always thought they were kinda neat. cool buy smilie_pokal.gif

i think it needs a typeIV tho, typeI's just aren't cool around here biggrin.gif
grasshopper
how about a six?? biggrin.gif i've got one laying around in my garage idea.gif
jd74914
a six is always good, but IMHO that would definately make it too tail heavy wink.gif
GWN7
Looks like 5 bolt trailer wheels to me.....but what do I know........... biggrin.gif
Allan
I wanted one of those years back. I always thought they would be really cool with an /8..
bottomend
Look up a guy named dstar on the shop talk forums. he's usually aound the T4 forum and Jakes forum. I think he's into those cars. He may live in S. Carolina.
skline
As I recall, the Bradley GT was built on a VW pan with a type 1 engine and trans. My dad wanted to build one back when they first came out but wound up picking up a Volvo P1800 instead. The neighbor around the corner from me has a newer style Bradley type kit car called a Sterling, more streamlined and sleek. I think Sean914V8 has a Sterling also sitting in his yard on a trailer too.
bd1308
how do you get in?
Lou W
Gull Wings, Lift and climb in. smile.gif
SpecialK
I always had a thing for Laser 917's (back in the day) wub.gif , but never actually saw one up close. I still would like to get ahold of one to drop a TIV in. Bradley's were cool too!

Cool find young grasshopper! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.