Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cool b/w pic from Paris Saloon 1974
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I've just got this picture from a german friend
it's from the Salon d'Automobile in Paris from Septembre 1974

some of you may know the pics from the 1973 Paris Salon and the 1973 IAA which show the 1974 car with this paint sceme - but with the earlier bumpers
this is the first time I've seen a 1975 car with this kind of stripes

when you take a closer look you may see something between the main stripes
in my opinion it looks like a chrome trim idea.gif

IIRC there were several discussions about cars with chrome trim at this location - wheather this is original, dealer installed or aftermarket
this cars on the b/w photos could be the inspiration for that kind of stuff?

could anybody post pics of cars with this chrome trim along the side?

Gustl
compare it with the 1973 Paris Salon
Gustl
and the IAA 1973
914Sixer
Really cool pictures. I have never seen any stripes like those is the wide shot of the different 914s. Yes, it looks like there is a piece of chrome dividing the stripes. Back in the 70's the shop that I worked in had the chrome like that in different sizes of width. They came in sticks and you cut off the length you needed and inserted the metal ends. The bad part was we drilled holes and pop rivited them on.
nomore9one4
Very interesting paint schemes.I especially like the stars and stripes.I would not have it on my car,but still interesting none the less.Thanks for posting.Bob
rick 918-S
clap.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Nov 13 2005, 04:03 PM)
Very interesting paint schemes.I especially like the stars and stripes.I would not have it on my car,but still interesting none the less.

there's another pic from that car in the DGVWPB

JeffBowlsby
Nice find Wolfgang.

That first photo of the 1975 car, given its body graphics and that it was for the IAA in 1974, looks like its the very same identical car as the IAA 1973 car...just with swapped bumpers. It may have been a mock-up of the 'new' bumper design as a display for the car show circuit.

Does your friend have any more photos of other 914s at the 1973 IAA? I am missing a couple of important ones.... laugh.gif
Gustl
Jeff, I'm not so sure that it's the same car just with the newer style bumpers
if we assume that the 1973 IAA car and the 1973 Paris car are the same, we know how this red paint appears at a b/w photo
compared with the other b/w pic from Paris 1973 the paint seems to be lighter - I'm thinking of yellow idea.gif

this depends on the light while taking the photos, though

when ever he sends "new old" pics, I'll share 'em

I wonder how light ivory/green looks on a b/w photo wink.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
The lighting does look different between the two photos, one looks like it is inside a building, the other outside in the sun.

I still think its the same car...it is hard to imagine that Porsche would mock up two different cars one year apart with the very same graphic idea...
924GTS
Not to hijack the thread but... what is the green automoble in the group photo? I have seen it before but I can't quite place it.
mightyohm
Without even checking I am going to throw this out there (mock me if I am wrong), but is it a BMW 3.0CS?
jd74914
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Nov 13 2005, 06:05 PM)
Without even checking I am going to throw this out there (mock me if I am wrong), but is it a BMW 3.0CS?

It really resembles one but it is at the Karmann booth. Weird
mightyohm
Looks like Karmann built them!

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles.ph...rman/index.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.