Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks Trekkor...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom Perso
A few weeks back, Trekkor mentioned about rebuilding his front suspension with new bushings and whatnot.

I thought to myself "What a great idea!"

So, my wife comes home and says "You'll never be able to drive this thing if you keep taking it apart".

huh.gif laugh.gif dry.gif

user posted image

But, the end is near, parts are getting cleaned and painted. Nothing special, just Hammered black. I think it's a nice change over plain black. I may do the engine tin in the same.

user posted image

Ok, so here's a tickler...

Seems that I have a bit of damage to the passenger side front A-arm mount. It's pushed up a shade and twisted the bushing on the shaft. Any good ideas of how to get it back into place?

user posted image

BFH? I tried beating the front part down with a sledge and a short pipe, but I need something better to get the plate that the bushing holder bolts to.

Thanks
Tom
McMark
Any good ideas of how to get it back into place?

A Celette bench with 914 fixtures. I wouldn't expect to be able to do any better than "a shade" off of perfect with a BFH. If you want it perfect, I think the Celette is the only way. sad.gif
Tom Perso
That's what I thought...

mad.gif

Tom
Aaron Cox
looks good...but howd you do that ohmy.gif
Tom Perso
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 13 2005, 10:09 PM)
looks good...but howd you do that ohmy.gif

I inherited this little problem. I'm not sure what to really do at this point.

Mueller bearings are OUT of the question, I know that much. dry.gif

Tom
Tom Perso
Any thoughts on cutting out the affected area and welding in a doner patch? Good idea, or stupid?

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.