Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
Got started on this project when MarkB brought up the whole idea. So then yesterday i scoured the local pick-a-part for donor visors. What i came up w/ were visors out of a Nissan Pulsar. Yes biggrin.gif you heard right, a Pulsar! But the installation came out quite nice, but it's not quite a direct bolt on replacement. Here's a few pictures:
dlo914
closed
dlo914
open:
dlo914
ds:
dlo914
ps:
dlo914
center:
dlo914
mount:
dlo914
mount2:
dlo914
next project: install this gauge cluster out of an early VW Golf.
Dave_Darling
"Not quite a bolt-on..." Care to elaborate?

--DD
markb
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Nov 13 2005, 06:13 PM)

--DD

Yes, please. Thanks for looking in to this.
Andyrew
Looks like they fit better than the factory to me...

ie you can pull it up on the pass side without hitting the mirror... (I always hate that...)

What year pulsar?
dlo914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Nov 13 2005, 05:13 PM)

--DD

well in order to mount the visors onto the car. (this might make Porsche Purists squeemish) i had to drill 6 holes for the visor mounts 4 of the holes were about 1/8" less in diameter for the two screws on each mount and the 2 remaining holes were 1/2" in diameter. Both were for the extended portion of the peg that the visor rotated upon. picture below:
dlo914
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Nov 13 2005, 06:23 PM)
Looks like they fit better than the factory to me...

ie you can pull it up on the pass side without hitting the mirror... (I always hate that...)

What year pulsar?

actually the visors dont hit the rearview mirror at all, but then again this is the mirror i mod to fit onto 914's. for this mirror i wasnt required to attach the peg that extends out to hold the visors. you can clearly see the visors clear the rearview mirror in the first picture:
markb
Can you post a pic of the visor unattatched to the car? I'd like to see what the spring portion looks like. Thanks again for following up on this. clap.gif
Engman
Excellent! smilie_pokal.gif

What year Pulsar?

These are one of the really hard to find things!

M
dlo914
not sure about the year, but did a random search on the kelly blue book. came up w/ a 1990 Nissan Pulsar XE. Here's a picture it looked just like this one at the pick-a-part:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.