Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wife drops chair on hood!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
The wife and her girl friend were going to the beach and needed chairs which are (were) in the loft over "Lil Red". I told her to be carefull(I was at work). She pulled one down as she was setting it aside the other one fell! Right above the head light! She called me at work told me what happened,said how sorry she was, She said "I know how much you love that car"and started to cry ohmy.gif ! Don`t know how I did it,but my reply was "not as much as I love you,besides it`s only a car" How long should I make her pray.gif when I snap my fingers? I tried to take a picture but it just would not show. laugh.gif
Andyrew
lol

we talking dent, scratch, ding?

Or is it totaled..... and you need a new one. biggrin.gif

I'd say a week...

markb
Let it go. Never mention it again. She'll see it every time she looks at the car & feel guilty. Even if you fix it so there's no sign of it ever being there. However, if she's ever really on your case, you have a little ammo. smile.gif
SpecialK
....."not as much as I love you, besides it`s only a car"....

Good answer Barry! wink.gif

When it comes to the " pray.gif ", remember, it's all about the quality, not the quantity..........well, quantity's good too. wink.gif
Dave_Darling
If the paint is undamaged, take it to one of the "paintless dent removal" places. Some'a those guys are good! They took out the major door-ding from my blue car yesterday, and except for the paint chip, you couldn't even tell it was there...

--DD
DblDog
Barry...I sent you a message about the bra (Hey! nothin' kinky here!) BTW, my wife was backing in the garage with her Explorer...yikes...several ripples. The hood (from a previous encounter, but fixed) needs to be replaced anyway, so whatta ya gonna do...Got to play a lot of golf though!
72914S
It`s not very big but a very nice scratch the wife said it looked like a happy face smile.I was thinking about a dent removal place. Thanks DblDOG
for the e-mail.
brp914
"you reap what you sew" - cultivate her guilt into a bumper crop of upgrades. the spot paint job wont match the rest of the car, so whole new job. then the interior needs to look as good as the new paint. howzabout some performance to match the looks... happy11.gif
banksyinoz
biggrin.gif sounds like a good excuse to get a NEW GLASS bonnet at the wifes expense, probably wont get brownie points but be guaranteed that she wont do it again, probably even be more protective than ever laugh.gif , any excuse for a new part is a good one beerchug.gif
scruz914
QUOTE (72914S @ Nov 13 2005, 05:40 PM)
....... my reply was "not as much as I love you,besides it`s only a car".....

Nice call and way to keep your cool! Markb and Buzzard1 have it right. It could backfire if you try playing the guilt card and try racking up extras. Let it go and it shows you have your priorities right. That will work in your favor for a long, long, time.

-Jeff
72914S
The plan is to cover it with a bra until after the holidays then a respray, the paint is 6 years old and needs freshing up. I now have her approval (permission)! beer.gif
914Timo
the paint is 6 years old and needs freshing up. I now have her approval (permission)!

Hmmm..... idea.gif And who put the chairs to the loft. Now you get a new paint and she even want you to paint the car. Well done biggrin.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE (72914S @ Nov 13 2005, 07:40 PM)
Don`t know how I did it,but my reply was "not as much as I love you,besides it`s only a car"

Nice reflexes -- if that were me, I'm afraid I would have said something really stupid like "crying isn't going to take the dent out of my car now, is it?!?!" chair.gif
1bad914
My now ex-wife backed into my 914 right after I drove it for it's first test drive after a 9 month full restoration. I was so pissed that I had to give the door to a friend to repair. I never lost my temper with her, I just walked away and said nothing. I ened up reapianting it and moving on. You did the right thing. OBTW the dent did not cause the divorce, but my car obsession was a major factor! biggrin.gif New wife understands the obsession and embraces it! smilie_pokal.gif
markb
QUOTE (1bad914 @ Nov 14 2005, 07:20 AM)
My now ex-wife backed into my 914 right after I drove it for it's first test drive after a 9 month full restoration.

She probably didn't see it, since it wasn't on jackstands. laugh.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. rolleyes.gif
iiibdsiil
My girlfriend hit a rock that was at my moms house to stop people from parking in the grass. It was real ragged. It was on my old car, daily driver. She came in "I'm so sorry. I will pay to fix your car. Yada yada yada." I just got that disappointed look and went "It's okay." She goes "Can't you just yell at me and let me get it fixed? I don't like that disappointed look." I replied, disappointed again, "Don't worry about it." I knew her looking at it every day would make her realize she needs to be more careful, and that she owes me one. Hahahahahaha.

My advice to you, next time you are washing your car, go over that area real good so she sees you, and look disappointed. Open the hood, stare at it from the inside, thinking if you can pop it out. Hahahahaha.

Seriously though, you can probably get the paintless dent removal guys to fix it for about $40. You can still hold it against her because you "can still see that it's not 100% perfect." happy11.gif
Toast
Three days, then drop it.

Remember, its the female who holds the grudes. rolleyes.gif
spare time toys
I dated this hag who would get pissed off at little things. One day she was all bent about some litte shit and kicked the car door shut mad.gif I walked into her place and got all my stuff and said SEE YA finger.gif She would call and I would just hang up this was before caller ID
scotty b
When she comes home and bitches about the new 3.6 sitting in the front porch just walk over and stare at the dent. Don't say a word just stare.........werk up a little tear and apologize, then walk in the house, sit down on the couch and look at the floor like an abused puppy.
72914S
Well I `m going to get a repaint come spring,or as soon as I can put the funds together. I have even been thinking of doing the respray myself.I have all the tools.In the mean time I will be putting a bra on "Lil Red"
72914S
To "DblDog" A big THANKS for the Bra! I`ll post a picture this weekend. pray.gif
bd1308
so what happened to the gril friend?

let see a pic of how the gril turned out after this fiasco.

wacko.gif

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.