Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judson supercharger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
One of our customers gave me (yes GAVE) a Judson last week but all he had was the supercharger and the Marvel Oiler (pump AND original bottle at that). I have since found the linkage and correct pullies for a 36 h.p. engine. What I don't know / have is the air intake and does it use a different carb or just re-jet the 28 PICT? I probably need some other small items like the support ( figured I would make it) and unknown other pieces. Anyone with intimate knowledge or parts please advise. This one also appears to be for a 40 h.p.(single pully), but I see no reason why I can't swap pullies and make some minor adjustments for the 36 h.p. Thoughts, knowledge, experiences?? Will post pics as soon as other parts show up, later this week. Also found an NOS Fram oil filter kit on e-bay. Seller has 3 more if anyone is interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-TYPE-1-B...sspagenameZWD1V
914ghost
Scotty!
Cool find! I helped a friend set one up a while back. We tested it on a single port 1600, and it was cool! Then put it on the 36hp. Worked great...probably added 8-10 hp.
Anyway, I think it's pretty straightforward, bolt it all on and away you go. We didn't touch the carb, I dont remember the kits coming with jets or anything...and I dont know if changing the jetting would actually do anything on a 36hp. Maybe....probably not. We used the 28PCI carb..worked fine.
So..you're missing the manifold? I think it was a stock part...nothing special.
Bob O
scotty b
I should have been a little clearer on the intake. It does use the stock manifold, but it uses a special air filter instead of the stock oil bath. What I am missing is the air filter intake thingy mahoozit. It lookie lika dis
scotty b
Dis it on da cah
SLITS
Just a wire mesh filter.....get a foam sock to put around it and spray it with the sticky shit..........
scotty b
Don't have the housing. Thinking about taking a pottery course and making a nice clay one with some authentic hyroglyphics carved in to it. wacko.gif
Mueller
Have you checked out:

Judson Supercharger Registry??

I've always liked those and are on my list of projects to build...if I live to be 120 years old, I might at least get started smile.gif screwy.gif smash.gif
scotty b
Yeah but I'm out in the sticks on dialup and that site always takes forever to load, so I get pissed and close it. I'm an impatient little kid sometimes mad.gif
SLITS
Do Tekkor's thingy....go to home depot and buy 90 degree elbow, 6" of PVC pipe, and an end cap.

Drill numerous holes in the 6" piece and cover with a foam sock.

Instead of insanse pricing from the UK......I looked at the site
Mark Henry
Some day I'll build the 36hp Okrasa kit I have kicking around here...just don't have a car to put it in rolleyes.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 14 2005, 03:46 PM)
Do Tekkor's thingy....go to home depot and buy 90 degree elbow, 6" of PVC pipe, and an end cap.

Drill numerous holes in the 6" piece and cover with a foam sock.

Instead of insanse pricing from the UK......I looked at the site

dry.gif NARP engineering on a VW....I don tink so laugh.gif This is actually to be a 100% restoration so unfortunatly I may have to take it up the pooper to get the right parts bootyshake.gif unsure.gif
SLITS
Sorry to make you spill your wine......I don't like upsetting CWs smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Cool stuff! BTW, I have for sale a NEW, yup, NEW, 36 HP cylinder head, in case you know anyone that could use it. The Cap'n.
Thorshammer
Thanks for the link,

I have had this damn Judson Supercharger for an MGA laying around my house for years. It's not complete (missing intake manifold and valve cover with oiler)and too long to be used on a VW but I found a guy that knows about them from the link. Very cool. Any MGA guys out there that want this thing, make me an offer.

Erik
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.