Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Russell, Aeroquip or Earl's for AN hose/fittings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Time to start looking at braided hose and AN fitting, got my Summit Racing catalog here and they all seem to be about the same wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
Earls was harder to put together than XRP hose for some reason.

i used the seller JDA enterprises (JDAENT) on ebay. selling out of tons of AN stuff.

to me, all brands are the same in fittings....
r_towle
Mike,
go to a local airport that services small planes...they are the AN hardware store...and great advice...

They usually have parts dept for the local plane owners...

You might like that more too!!! lots of cool stuff in the airplane world....

Rich
TimT
Although all are constructed to meet the same AN specs. The brands differ in ease of assembly.

Some brands go together sort of easily, others are a pain in the balls, particularly the larger sized hose fitting

I am again away from home, So youll have to wait till I get home in a week or so. Ill have to look at my box-o-fittings to tell you which is the desired fitting, though I think Aeroquip would be a first choice, and flip a coin for the others..

john rogers
Racer Parts Wholesale.
campbellcj
I have some of each brand mentioned in the subject line, plus a few odd Pegasus and PMO adapter fittings. They all work...
Tom Perso
I usually used Aeroquip for actual hose to end fittings. For 90's, adapters (pipe to AN) and things of that nature, I used whatever was cheapest.

For an asthetic value, the Earl's connectors were not as "shiny" anodizing as Aeroquip, but they all fit the same.

YRMV

Tom
RON S.
I did up my car basically using used Nascar takeoffs.
Several guys in the Charlotte area canvas the Nascar teams every other week or so buying up the surplus,and all take off hoses and fittings.They usually do swap meets and e-bay to get rid of the stuff.

I got most of my stuff from the local swap meets and probably did up the car for around a couple hundered dollars.

I found this guy in my travels.I originally did my car in braided stainless,but swapped it over to Aeroquip Startlite when he quoted me some prices.Penny's on the dollar!And,when I got the stuff,it was brand new and had never even been installed.Fro me,it all worked out well.I can't even begin to grasp the cost of plumbing a 3.6 teener in all -16 lines bought new and at full retal wacko.gif

http://www.racecityraceparts.com/

Ron
BIGKAT_83
agree.gif agree.gif

Ron I go by this shop when I'm in the Charlotte area.Muscle Motorsports You can spend hours looking around in this shop.They sell complete hoses with fittings on each end for the price of one fitting. I also have used the startlite hose and really like it better that the stainless hoses.
These guys will even sell you a complete Nascar SBII engine.

biggrin.gif
RON S.
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Nov 14 2005, 05:03 AM)
agree.gif agree.gif

Ron I go by this shop when I'm in the Charlotte area.Muscle Motorsports You can spend hours looking around in this shop.They sell complete hoses with fittings on each end for the price of one fitting. I also have used the startlite hose and really like it better that the stainless hoses.
These guys will even sell you a complete Nascar SBII engine.

biggrin.gif

In the FWIW dept.

I have used both stainless & startlite hose,and I find the Startlite is Much easier to work with than the Braided.Especially when you consider there is no frayed or loose wire to cut you with.

In addition,I have called muscle motorsports before,when i needed a loose fitting or two.They didn't have what I needed at the time.

Bigkat is right when he says that you can buy a complete line,with a hose end on each end for less than the cost of a single fitting alone at retail.That's how I did it.

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.