Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area car storage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Owning a 914 in San Francisco without having my own garage to work on it has been an issue for me for as long as I have been here. This weekend was a final test of my dedication to the car and I think I need to move on. Not sure if I plan to sell it or what but I need it out of my mind for a few months. I think my alternator crapped out on me and drained my battery down because it just stopped on me in the middle of Chinatown. $160 later I had it flat bedded to my parking space that I am being evicted from because of the massive oil leak that occured. That on top of low oil pressure (according to idiot light, however I have not investigated it further) is making me loose my mind. So, anybody know of bay area car storage that is less than $100 a month?

The battery read 9.5 volts and wouldn't turn over the starter. Is there a simple multi meter test I can do to check the alternator, or should I just haul it to a shop at some point and have them replace it? owned1.gif
carreraguy
Chris:
A guy in San Jose advertises in the GG PCA mag that he stores Porsches - don't know what his rates are but his name is Charlie Arolla; he's at (408) 243-2999 and charliearolla@earthlink.net
reverie
Just did a google search on him.. apparently he's the Police Chief of the city of Santa Clara, and a sports-car enthusiast.

I hope you find something good, Chris.
sj914
QUOTE (reverie @ Nov 14 2005, 02:37 AM)
Just did a google search on him.. apparently he's the Police Chief of the city of Santa Clara, and a sports-car enthusiast.

I hope you find something good, Chris.

unsure.gif I don't think he's the police chief for the city.
reverie
Well, we better not mention that then.

Good luck, Chris! cool.gif
ppickerell
Chris,
You can store here outdoors (at Peridot) for a few months for free.
nebreitling
sorry to hear about your troubles, chris. ironically, my situation improved since i moved to the city (stanford/palo alto was hell) -- and got a garage. if you'd have caught me a month or two ago we could have worked something out, my garage had room for two 914s, but we just put a pool table down there (there goes the space for the spec rx7 i was planning).

http://www.craigslist.org/prk/

want to grab a beer this week?
Tobra
You could always rent a storage unit, keep the car, spare parts and the tools there until you get the car sorted out. I have known several guys that have done this when they lived at an apartment, or accumulated too much stuff to store at home.
mikey
Get a storage unit with a high enough cieling, go half on a four post lift for parking two cars, and I'll go in half for the storage unit....well, ok. Just dreaming...Parking here is a bitch.
ChrisReale
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Nov 14 2005, 12:54 PM)
if you'd have caught me a month or two ago we could have worked something out, my garage had room for two 914s.

headbang.gif

I think Im just going to stash it under a cover over on Treasure Island. Im not sure how much longer I can deal with this car. Im getting really bummed....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.