Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different pistons in my "M" calipers??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I took apart my 911 M calipers tonight and noticed that the pistons are different on the passanger side than the drivers side?

I have no idea if they came from the same car or not, I do know that the piston diameters are the same and other than the pistons (and guide pins), they appear to be identical.

thanks
Mueller
icon_bump.gif

anyone??
dmenche914
Mike: Is the guide pin (I am assumeing like the 914 has in the front) broken off? I have a front stcok 914 caliper in which someone used different pistons (hollow on outside) and hence they snapped off the cast in guide pins to make it work. I am replacing that bastard caliper, interesting what folks do.

davep
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

A lot of the VW calipers have the 'hollow' pistons, but I haven't seen it with the 911 calipers. I'd have to think that the caliper came from a different vehicle. Perhaps it could be a very early 911 caliper, I really don't know for sure.
Eric_Shea
Later M-Calipers seem to come with the cup type pistons. My guess is over the years someone replaced the caliper because it was stuck and the shop simply ordered a replacement w/o specifying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.