Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0 to 914-6 wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736convers
I'm at the point of where I am conecting the 4 harness to the 6 engine harness. I started to figure it out about 2 months ago. Now time has passed and I have no idea where I left off. Does anyone have some help on doing this. I really dont want to have to retrace my steps on where I left off.
Maybe someone has a coded diagram or website.
Its a 2.2 six going into a 73. I am also using the 6's relay board. I started flipping pins around but now I'm back to sqaure one.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lost in wiring Brian
736convers
I know how everyone likes pictures so this is where I am at.
scotty
With or without the relay board (internal voltage regulator on alternator)?
736convers
Do you mean the 914 relay board or the 911 board. I was going to use the 911 one. Also How do I tell where the regulator is for the alternator. This is my first venture into 911 motors and such.
scotty
Hmmm. If it's a 2.2 and the alternator is original, then you do not have an internal regulator on it. If the alternator has been replaced, you're going to have to look it over. If the relay board is from the same donor car as the engine, you should be set and not have to worry about taking things off to look at the alternator, wink.gif since It should already be set up for the car (if it has a voltage regulator on it, you need it). That said, either whip out your Haynes manuals for the 914 and early 911 and use thier wiring diagrams, or go to the download section of this bbs and get the color 914 wiring diagrams and the color 911 digrams here from that other bbs.

When I converted my car, I was lucky enough to have an alternator with an internal regulator so I ditched the relay board completely. You can find the wiring that I did here. I hope this helps.
736convers
thanks Scotty. That will help alot.
Brad Roberts
Please let us know what you find...

I typically use the stock 914 relay board (so I can use the factory relays to turn things on/off)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.