Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Difference between 912 calipers and 911 calipers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I don't feel too comfortable using the mis-matched 911 M calipers I have and I just remembered I have a complete early 912 suspension in my storage shed collecting dust....

From what I can find, they appear to have the same diameter pistons, and I'm hoping I can just use these along with the spacers from my 911 calipers.

Eric_Shea
Should be the same with the exception of the 7mm spacer. Depends on the year of course but... if they look the same and the pistons are the same, they're m-calipers.
Mueller
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 14 2005, 06:37 PM)
Should be the same with the exception of the 7mm spacer. Depends on the year of course but... if they look the same and the pistons are the same, they're m-calipers.

thanks....I "remembered" that one of the M calipers I took apart last night belonged to Jon Watts (he rebuilt them a while ago..oops smile.gif ) anyways, I'm trying to talk him into sending the parts to you for plating if you do that sorta thing without rebuilding/refurbing them....

now to go take apart the 912 suspension and hope there are no more black widows in my storage shed unsure.gif
jonwatts
And this is why you shouldn't give anything to Mueller that you value. Even if it doesn't have any sub-parts I'm sure he'd figure out a way to divide it at the molecular level wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
We can do it for him. $40.00 a pair.

I think I have a set of 7mm spacers if you want to convert your 912 calipers... I'd have to check.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.