Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel lines down side of long?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
My teener has plastic fuel lines going down the outside of the driver's long, hidden under the rocker panel. Was it factory like this? I thought they all went down the center tunnel. Doesn't matter, I'm replacing with steel lines, just wanted to know...
SpecialK
Down the tunnel like you thought.
Mueller
are you sure those are for fuel...some cars had the evap lines for the charcol canister installed on the sides.....

fuel lines on the sides are a bad idea.....
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 14 2005, 06:16 PM)
are you sure those are for fuel...some cars had the evap lines for the charcol canister installed on the sides.....

agree.gif if they're black, they're "air" lines for the evap-system ...

wink.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Yup, those are almost certainly for the carcoal cannister (evap emissions control) system. All US-spec cars (except a few that slipped through the cracks) from 70-mid 74 had 'em; the late-74+ cars had the cannister in the engine bay so there was only one tiny little line in the center tunnel and no driver's side air lines.

--DD
Hammy
You guys are right. Now that I have the tank fully out I can see they were air lines. Fuel lines go down the tunnel like normal smile.gif thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.