Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 head
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
benino
Does anyone know anything about the heads on a 914? Is the 1.7 head different from that on the1.8? It’s carbureted. I’m assuming that won’t make a difference but?? I’m not sure. Any info anyone could give me would be a appreciated. Thanks

A friend of mine and I have a 914 1.8 we are working on. I don’t know much about it. I’m a 924 guy. I don’t know what engine it’s supposed to have but it’s got a 1.8. We have pulled the engine because we need to replace a head. The exhaust studs are broken off in it and it looks like someone already put thread inserts in there so I thought maybe the easiest fix would be to get a new head at a junkyard.
kafermeister
This may or may not be what you're looking for but it has helped me.

Type IV heads

Rick
benino
cool.gif Cool thanks. I guess I need to find out which head I've got. Looks like there are different ones for each engine even... especially since I'm probably just replacing on ehead. I was hoping there was like one head for all engines. huh.gif wishful thinking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.